Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What DEFINES Greatness... Skills Or Resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
      Most would say a combination of the two but if you could only choose ONE, which would be more important to you in defining what makes a great fighter?

The skills, abilities, style and technique that a boxer displays.

The resume, record and opponents that a boxer has faced and defeated.
      Of course resume will define greatness, skills is nothing if you didn't beat elite boxers of your time. Skills is nothing if you don't challenge yourself to fight the best the sport of boxing has to offer, thus, how can you be consider an ATG if you didn't beat anybody?

Comment

i dont care what anyones else says, but to me, it's what great things a fighter does after a LOSS, that defines ones greatness.

there have been many who were considered great, then they had ONE loss, never to be seen again at the A level.......

it's if one can get back to the top and get better after a loss, that defines greatness.

IMO undefeated fighters aren't great until they've dealt with that adversity and come back form it.

IMO if you're undefeated your whole career, you've either been matched as the favorite or been lucky in the uncertain times.

undefeated is a hoax................

Comment

once again I think to define greatness si much complexer than this.
          my answer to this is HEART <3. GATTI-LIKE u know. or even CHICO.

Comment

Has to be both but if i had to pick one...it would be resume

Any1 can look good until they come up against a legit opponent...you could have the best defense in the world and still lose to a big puncher for example...

You could be the fastest and still lose to a slow skilled fighter....

Whatever it is...resume shows who you beat and who they beat....

You can figure out what im saying ^^

Comment

Well there is a long and short answer to this.

The short version is resume and skill go hand in hand, but skill doesn't necessily give a good resume

So I pick resume but only under that assumption

Comment

your resume will be a testament of your skills. You may look good or very skillful against ****ty oppositions, but you can test/guage your skills really when facing the best..

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                  i dont care what anyones else says, but to me, it's what great things a fighter does after a LOSS, that defines ones greatness.

there have been many who were considered great, then they had ONE loss, never to be seen again at the A level.......

it's if one can get back to the top and get better after a loss, that defines greatness.

IMO undefeated fighters aren't great until they've dealt with that adversity and come back form it.

IMO if you're undefeated your whole career, you've either been matched as the favorite or been lucky in the uncertain times.

undefeated is a hoax................
                  is marciano not great b/c he doesnt have a loss? make sure you think a couple steps ahead of your contradiction

Comment

Originally posted by B u r n e r View Post
                    The only option is both.
                    From an all-encompassing perspective.. but if you had to single out one, which one would you run with?

Comment

• A perfect balance is the best. You cannot have only one of them, its like two sides of a coin, you need one side to have the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X