No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
    Everyone in the whole world lives in the past.Nothing about Skyrim is post apocalyptic. I think you need a new TV if you can't see the beauty of the game world.
    Living in the past doesn't mean that everything has to be in shambles, in decay or in ruin. 80% of Skyrim is. You know what else is in shambles, decay or ruins? A post apocalyptic world

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      Living in the past doesn't mean that everything has to be in shambles, in decay or in ruin. 80% of Skyrim is. You know what else is in shambles, decay or ruins? A post apocalyptic world
      There are 25 ruins in Skyrim and over 300 locations. That's not 80%.

Comment

• Just finished the main quest the other day after clearing almost all other major content. I have to say it gets worse and more repetitive the farther in you get. The main quest is really a joke, one of the most half-assed, cliched plots I've ever seen. And of course the interface on PC is a travesty, since it's designed for consoles. Ultimate verdict after 100 hours of play: this game was good, but not great. It's fun in the early stages, but they spent way more time on stuffing in an unnecessary quantity of content at the expense of quality. Certainly not particularly memorable. Dragon Age from a few years back, while also flawed, was a significantly better game (PC version only).
        Last edited by Miburo; 12-23-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• i do not get why this game is insanely popular and overrated as it is. maybe because it's not a shooter among a sea of shooters this year? the combat mechanic is clunky and uninspired, fighting a dragon almost put me to sleep. couldn't give a crap about the story, and a lot of it is doing pointless shit inside a cave. this game is a huge time sink lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
            There are 25 ruins in Skyrim and over 300 locations. That's not 80%.
            I think you need to re-check those numbers. You got normal ruins, dwarven ruins, crumpling fort's/strongholds, crumpling main cities, old decaying crypt's and caves.

Matter of fact another easier question would be - point me to a location that isn't broken and in decay - other than Solitude

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
              Just finished the main quest the other day after clearing almost all other major content. I have to say it gets worse and more repetitive the farther in you get. The main quest is really a joke, one of the most half-assed, cliched plots I've ever seen. And of course the interface on PC is a travesty, since it's designed for consoles. Ultimate verdict after 100 hours of play: this game was good, but not great. It's fun in the early stages, but they spent way more time on stuffing in an unnecessary quantity of content at the expense of quality. Certainly not particularly memorable. Dragon Age from a few years back, while also flawed, was a significantly better game (PC version only).
              Aye.
              - 1 month of polishing the main story
              - 1 month of implementing atleast 1 character whom you could grow attached to, and add character development to that character (like Martin in Oblivion - how you watched him go from a scared little priest into a worthy emperor, into a God who fought Dagon)
              - 3 month's of intense beta testing to catch all the major bugs

By no means is it a bad game, the amount of content is breathtaking.... if a tad bit repetitive.

Beth have confirmed they'll make expansion pack(s) for Skyrim anything you'd like to see in those?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                I think you need to re-check those numbers. You got normal ruins, dwarven ruins, crumpling fort's/strongholds, crumpling main cities, old decaying crypt's and caves.

Matter of fact another easier question would be - point me to a location that isn't broken and in decay - other than Solitude
                Isn't that being realistic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  i do not get why this game is insanely popular and overrated as it is. maybe because it's not a shooter among a sea of shooters this year? the combat mechanic is clunky and uninspired, fighting a dragon almost put me to sleep. couldn't give a crap about the story, and a lot of it is doing pointless shit inside a cave. this game is a huge time sink lol.

Comment

• People are too used to civilized Cyrodiil and even Morrowind (which is the odd one out in terms of landform and setting). Skyrim's setting to me is a little depressing, there's a sense of sadness in the lands, but that fits perfectly with the political climate of the game. It was intended to be the least populated continent in all of Tamriel.

Would be great if they did Cyrodiil again with the visual and detail that Skyrim has.

On the negative side, I thought the menu interface was half assed and not detailed like Morrowind and Oblivion, I missed actually being able to use speech.

Comment

• I had this given to me for xmas

not my thing but it is okay i guess

Comment

Working...
                      X