Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that get excess hate!! rainboes aint right!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers that get excess hate!! rainboes aint right!!

Amir Khan - has fought everyone in his division that hasn't ducked him, trains extremely hard and fights even though he has a very weak chin. looses so he changes trainer to move his career forward. I respect him in the ring!! cry's and makes excuses when he looses

Lucian Bute - Until Carl Froch, was undefeated with a 30 - 0 record with 24 KO. Agreed to a two fight contract with Carl Froch putting his IBF belt on the line. Bute was gracious through out the whole build up but was also very gracious in defeat. Has since made his comeback fight. Padded record with home town wins and poor refereeing "Andrade"

Canelo Alvarez - Undefeated with wins such as Mosley, Lopez, Cintron and Gomez. Has an exciting fighting style and is a big draw and is still young. Looks for tougher challenges and calls them out in the media* *not been matched properly and hasn't had a real test to date.

What do you guys think? Excess hate or deserved hate?

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
    Amir Khan - has fought everyone in his division that hasn't ducked him, trains extremely hard and fights even though he has a very weak chin. looses so he changes trainer to move his career forward. I respect him in the ring!! cry's and makes excuses when he looses

Like him as a fighter. Very exciting to watch. I think he should keep his mouth shut more that is all. Maybe people would be able to overlook his weaknesses. Like you stated though he blames others for his shortcomings

Lucian Bute - Until Carl Froch, was undefeated with a 30 - 0 record with 24 KO. Agreed to a two fight contract with Carl Froch putting his IBF belt on the line. Bute was gracious through out the whole build up but was also very gracious in defeat. Has since made his comeback fight. Padded record with home town wins and poor refereeing "Andrade"

Respect him. Has some good wins. I think Froch has his number. I could still see him winning some good fights but never going up to the elite level.

Canelo Alvarez - Undefeated with wins such as Mosley, Lopez, Cintron and Gomez. Has an exciting fighting style and is a big draw and is still young. Looks for tougher challenges and calls them out in the media* *not been matched properly and hasn't had a real test to date.

Another exciting fighter. Has been pushed along very slowly. I respect him for trying to step up in his last fight but it's been over a year since he's won the belt. Let's see him defend it against some better opposition.

What do you guys think? Excess hate or deserved hate?
    Victor Ortiz is another guy people have excess hate for. Not sure why. He's an exciting fighter. I can admit though, he does let his feelings get the best of him. I think mentally he's not all there. If he was he would be way more dangerous.
    Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

i was going to add Victor Ortiz but i can see why people dislike him tbh, with all that talent but just doesn't have it mentally.

Comment

TO be fair Khan brings a lot of hate on himself.

He does always want to fight the best so fair play but he's far too arrogant and believes himself to be something he's not. Believes that he's one the best P4P fighters in the world and that he can beat Floyd or Pacquaio considering the flaws he has as a boxer is unreal. Also he does always make excuses as to why he's lost.

I don't mind Bute too much. I never thought he was that great in the 1st place and his record was padded and he didn't take part in the Super Six so we don't know what sort of level he was on before he fought Froch. I give him all the credit in the world though for fighting Froch. Coming over to Nottingham to defend his title when he didn't have too.

Canelo I don't mind. I haven't see a great deal of him to be honest but he's a young kid who looks an exciting fighter. I'm interested to see how his career pans out. Would like him to step up his level of competition though.

I just can't stand Victor. It's not even his quitter thing. It was the way he acted after getting KO'd by Floyd. It was the smiling and acting all happy in the post-fight presser trying to play the nice guy image, then a month or so later said yeah he did try and break Floyd's nose with the headbutt. He's exciting to watch though. No doubt about that.

Comment

Miguel Cotto
          Danny Garcia
          Adrien Broner

those guys get hated on for abnormal reasons imo

Comment

Damn near every boxer has a reason to be "hated" by a segment of the population. If he isn't being "hated on" then he isn't relevant in the sport. You name the fighter and I'll give you a valid reason he may be disliked. It is what it is. The GOAT Muhammad Ali might've been the most hated fighter of all time as well. It's not until they're dead, gone, or past their prime that we look back and think: "damn I wish there was someone like him now".

Cotto: Quitter
            Margo: DoucheBag cheater
            Floyd: Inactivity
            Manny: Company Schill
            Sergio: Wont test himself at SMW
            JCC Jr: spoiled lazy brat
            Khan: all mouth no chin
            Mares: low blow artist
            K Bros: Boring
            Canelo: Fights blown up Jr Welters
            Broner: Conceited
            Berto: roid head

Etc, Etc, etc

It's like a stereotype; its based on a sliver of truth but generally speaking its untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              Miguel Cotto
              Danny Garcia
              Adrien Broner

cant stand it when people hate on cotto, he is a future hall of famer and has fought everyone and ducks no one.
              i can see why people hate broner out the ring but he is just pure class inside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                Miguel Cotto
                Danny Garcia
                Adrien Broner

Cotto deserves no hate really. Always fights the best and he's humble.

I don't have a problem with Danny Garcia but have a big problem with his dad so he receives hate via his dad.

Adrien Broner is as mouthy as they come, that why he gets hate. Pisses me off when he says 'Mr HBO'. When he starts to consistently do over 1mil ppv's per fight then he can say 'Mr HBO'. I'll let him off though as I think he's got the talent to back it up!

Comment

Cotto gets too much hate, Danny Garcia (who cares what his dad says? Hes hilarious), Robert Guerrero - Just don't seem to get the respect he deserves despite being a fcuking warrior.

I really wish 1/10th of fighters had half the balls The Ghost does. In a sense he is like Carl Froch in he fights anyone, entertaining & usually a fair underdog and just keeps proving doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Cotto gets too much hate, Danny Garcia (who cares what his dad says? Hes hilarious), Robert Guerrero - Just don't seem to get the respect he deserves despite being a fcuking warrior.

I really wish 1/10th of fighters had half the balls The Ghost does. In a sense he is like Carl Froch in he fights anyone, entertaining & usually a fair underdog and just keeps proving doubters wrong.
                    I dont think guerrero gets any where near the props he deserves jumps a division and fights the best in it. makes berto look bad and people hate on berto instead of congratulating guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                    X