No announcement yet.

Sam Peter Challenges Chris Arreola To Duel of "Nightmares"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    This would be Arreolas toughest test yet, Peter isn't the fastest or smartest fighter but he can bang and has a granite chin.
    His chin wouldn't be so granite if he went one more round with Vitali.

Comment

Peter is a better opponent for Arreola to face before Wladimir anyway.

If Arreola can survive the first 5 rounds, I predict he will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        Peter is hardly a defensive whizz himself.
        Peter has better defence than Arreola. He was actually moving his head more and slipping punches in the Toney rematch and Maskaev fight.

Arreola has the worst defence in the heavyweight division. He looked like **** against clubfighter Walker, he just stood there like a punching bag and took tons of stupid shots. Arreola was knocked down and badly hurt.

If Arreola just stands there like a punching bag again against a huge puncher like Peter, he will get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post
          Peter targets Arreola!

Former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel “The Nigerian Nightmare” (Peter (30-2, 23 KOs) says he wants to punish Chris “The Nightmare” Arreola for using Peter’s name to try and build himself up. “To Chris Arreola, I want to say that there is only one true Nightmare in the heavyweight division and that’s me, Samuel Peter “The Nigerian Nightmare!” Peter proposes a showdown between the two sluggers this year with an agreement that the loser must change his ring moniker.

“He says he’s the top contender, but he hasn’t done anything to prove that. He has to fight a top contender before he can claim he’s the best,” stated Peter. “I’ll show him and the fans how determined I am to win back my belt. And at the same time, I’ll prove who the real Nightmare is in boxing.”

Peter’s promoter, Dino Duva of Duva Boxing, claims he’s already reached out to Arreola’s promoter, Dan Goossen. “I’ve called Dan to discuss the possibility of them fighting each other and Dan told me he was hoping to get a Klitschko fight in the spring. Obviously if he can get that fight, all power to him and I wish him the best.

“But if he doesn’t get the Klitschko fight, I hope Dan will call me. This is the fight to establish the true top contender and one that people would want to see. Everything else is bull****. Of course, if Arreola doesn’t have the balls to fight, Sam is willing to fight any heavyweight in the world including Kevin Johnson, David Haye or any other top name out there.”

http://www.*********.com/?p=1046
          I think Chris should fight Sam, it would be the best HW fight in a long time!!!
          the Clit brothers a boring eventho they win and as for Chagaev and Valuev, they suck even more....

Comment

this could be Tua-Ibeabuchi all over again...i hope it pushes thru

Comment

Sam Peter Challenges Chris Arreola To Duel of "Nightmares"

Approximately, four years ago, Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter burst onto the scene and generated tremendous excitement and buzz in the heavyweight division. But since his disappointing loss to Vitali Klitschko in Berlin, Germany, last October, the division has once again gone flat. [details]

Comment

This fight should be made! The winner would take a huge step in their career. For Arreola it would signify the biggest win of his career against a hard-hitting former champion. For Peter it'd be his burst back onto the elite heavyweight scene.

Comment

I was just reading about this on another site.....I love the idea. It would be a great match up between two hard hitters. The changing the name thing is also a good idea.....I think I'd have to go with Peter tho. Peter TKO 6. I know Peter is no world beater but I don't see all the hype about Arreola.....He's average at best as far as I can tell.

Comment

i'd say go for it...it will be an excting fight

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD_OWNS View Post
                      Peter has better defence than Arreola. He was actually moving his head more and slipping punches in the Toney rematch and Maskaev fight.

Arreola has the worst defence in the heavyweight division. He looked like **** against clubfighter Walker, he just stood there like a punching bag and took tons of stupid shots. Arreola was knocked down and badly hurt.

If Arreola just stands there like a punching bag again against a huge puncher like Peter, he will get KTFO.

Is Peter a Huge puncher at elite level?

That guy, has zero explosiveness.

I'd pick alot of guys to beat Peter, not all of them Heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X