Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch is not number 1 at 168lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward hasn't fought a live body in 3 years. It's perfectly reasonable to let Froch pass Ward now.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      Maybe If I hated Floyd, Ward, Stevenson, Broner, Hopkins, Garcia, Marquez, etc me, you and the rest of the emotional idiots like you would be friends. We could green k each other all day & watch Manny Pacquiao youtube compilations together.
      You don't have to agree but a lot of the times, your logic goes to the level of nuthugging without being realistic. Oh and you got me fucked up if you think I'm a Pactard of some sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
        TBH nobody wants to see Ward-Froch again. Obviously it's the best fight to be made in terms of the rankings at 168 but it's boring and because of the styles of both fighters I believe we will see exactly the same outcome as the first fight.

It is very strange however that everyone loves Froch and how Froch is selling out stadiums all whilst Ward is No. 1 in the division but has nobody to fight and is not respected at all. It's quite rare and you don't see it often when you don't have to be the best to be the peoples champion.
        You see it all the time with talented American fighters. How many stadiums have Andre Ward, Tim Bradley, Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson (when he was on top), even Kelly Pavlik sold out? 0. Those guys can't even fill 8K seat arenas.

White and black Americans watch boxing in very small numbers in America. Whites and blacks watch the NFL and the NBA. The predominant boxing fan base in America is Hispanic. Every time I go to a bar to watch a fight, I am one white man among a sea of Hispanics. Hispanics support their own (other Hispanics) more often than not. Plus they want to see brawls, not boxing. It's simple, nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

I would bet my gonads that if Andre Ward was born in America to two Mexican parents that he would one of the most popular fighters in boxing today... regardless of style.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ward hasn't fought a live body in 3 years. It's perfectly reasonable to let Froch pass Ward now.
          I really don't want to see Ward-Froch 2.

It will be the same as the first one.

Froch has nothing for Ward, and I am not really a Ward fan at all.

Comment

No point in fighting Ward, he would lose again. I really don't see the point in fighting Ward unless the fight happens over here in the UK. Ward is not really a bigger name even doe he his the number one guy at 168, he is too inactive and Froch is better off making more money in a Degale fight (Another domestic grudge fight) or someone like Chavez in Vegas.

Comment

yup ward is the true champ

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                I agree he should fight more, but it just seems blatantly idiotic to move Froch to number one when he got his ass handed to him by Ward, the actual #1 guy at the weight. Those who want to move Froch to #1 wish that the fight had never happened. They don't even want a rematch because they know Froch has no chance.
                Since 2011 after beating Froch...Ward has fought 2 times, Froch 5 times. As far as skills Ward is unmatched but you have to realize Froch has been putting in work, something Ward isn't.

How would you feel if you and a coworker were to be up for a promotion and they give it to him for being a part timer while you put in your 40+ hours plus overtime constantly and also a good worker yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
                  Credit to Froch last night, he closed the show in a fight I thought he would lose.

Having said that, will Froch dare to rematch Ward - the number 1 man in the division - or, will he take the cashouts vs Chavez, Degale, Kessler III?

Meaningless fights really, he has to fight Ward again who basically dominated him coming in injured.
                  Atleast he's fighting and putting in work. Ward is just sitting on the sidelines and busy suing his promoter. In almost two yrs, he's only beaten bum ass Edwin Rodriguez. And will Ward dare to go to England??? Rematch has to be there, if not then **** Andre.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Since 2011 after beating Froch...Ward has fought 2 times, Froch 5 times. As far as skills Ward is unmatched but you have to realize Froch has been putting in work, something Ward isn't.

How would you feel if you and a coworker were to be up for a promotion and they give it to him for being a part timer while you put in your 40+ hours plus overtime constantly and also a good worker yourself?
                    The only thing wrong with the comparison is Froch is getting paid and Ward isn't.

If Ward fought more, these mythical debates wouldn't even be a question but half the time he'd rather squabble with his promoters.

Comment

We know that. Whats frustrating is he wants no more booty beatings by Ward lol That's why it's hard to even have him #10 in the p4p list he doesn't even want to try to be the best in his division like he gave up on it and is content with being #2.

Comment

Working...
                      X