No announcement yet.

Powdered alcohol: Palcohol hits stores this fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdered alcohol: Palcohol hits stores this fall

Powdered alcohol, aka Palcohol, has been approved by the U.S. government and will be available in stores this fall. The new versions of alcohol in powder form include vodka, rum, and ****tails like Lemon Drop, Cosmopolitan, Mojito, and Margarita. All of those will be marketed under the brand name Palcohol, reports The Washington Times on April 19.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau approved the new versions of Palcohol last week. While Palcohol.com announces that they were “excited by the approval of our powdered alcohol product, Palcohol,” the site was not quite ready yet for its widespread attention and had to quickly add some new information in regard to its product.

According to Palcohol, Mark Phillips created the powdered alcohol because sometimes it is inconvenient having to deal with liquid alcohol. Lipsmark, the privately held company that owns the product, appears to be surprised by the government's approval. It says that at this time it is not looking for investors, distributors or employees. The product will be sold everywhere where liquor can be sold.

Evidently, the new powder product is much lighter than the liquid version and can be taken anywhere. When used according to instructions -- adding five ounces of liquid to the powder – the alcohol mix is as strong as a standard drink. Of course, just like the liquid form, the powder can be used for any cooking purposes.

The powder is being sold in pouches and comes in six flavors. Vodka, which is labeled V, is a powder made from premium vodka distilled four times. Rum, which is labeled R, is a powder made from premium Puerto Rican Rum. The four ****tail versions include Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Powderita (which tastes just like a Margarita), and Lemon Drop. All that is needed to turn the powders into an alcoholic drink is to add water.

But then who needs water? Even though “snorting” alcohol might sound like a joke, it is not, and Palcohol as well as the above video are addressing the issue. “Please don't snort and drive,” says the Newsy reporter whose words can also be read on ajc.com. Palcohol’s website is addressing the issue of “goofballs wanting to snort it,” and says “Don’t do it!” But why should anyone listen – the U.S. government approved the powder.
    Ready to do a few lines?

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
    Ready to do a few lines?

first thing that popped in my head

chop up some rails of vodka and lets get the the party going

Comment

I see I wasn't alone in wondering if you could snort it.

Comment

I wonder how safe it is? Bet there will be some overdoses the first year.

Comment

Lovely jubly! Mix it with a bit of Ket and you'll be talking to Moses on the ceiling in pronto time. I hope it hits ugly Britland soon!

Comment

Not interested.

I like to savor my spirits.

Comment

Would be useful to get around buying ridiculously expensive drinks at events.

At the football (aussie rules) here it's like $8 for a small cup of light beer. My brother works for coke so gets free soft drinks so just mix some in at the game.

Comment

I could just add a pinch to a soda anywhere. Not a bad idea for places where alcohol is not allowed.

Comment

Spiking people is going to get easier surely..... Watch rape rates go through the roof, sex offenders fukin dream this.

Comment

Working...
                  X