Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many think Judah took away Garcia's hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
    Zab being a southpaw negated Danny's left hook as anyone who has trained for more than a few months would tell you...It is very hard/awkward to land a left hook on a southpaw and it is rarely a big factor in a Orthodox vs Lefty fight....But I suppose if you're salivating over Matthyse's nutsack 24/7 it would be hard to find the time to train...So thats why you guys didn't know.
    All night.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He was having so much success with the right hand that he really didn't need the hook. If Zab took it away, it was only by being so open to the right.
      This is exactly what i thought/think. Zab taking away Danny's jab might have some influence on the matter also however....
      Regardless Danny's right was crisp most of the night, big success with it!

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10
        Zab being a southpaw negated Danny's left hook as anyone who has trained for more than a few months would tell you...It is very hard/awkward to land a left hook on a southpaw and it is rarely a big factor in a Orthodox vs Lefty fight....But I suppose if you're salivating over Matthyse's nutsack 24/7 it would be hard to find the time to train...So thats why you guys didn't know.
        We got a new expert amongst ourselves.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
          Get a new trainer. If you're not using the left hook against a southpaw, you're not fighting them right. You should always try to come with the left hook, especially after a straight right against a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST
            Quote:

Originally Posted by animalfan10

Get a new trainer. If you're not using the left hook against a southpaw, you're not fighting them right. You should always try to come with the left hook, especially after a straight right against a lefty.
            He's the expert not you!

That dude has been preaching the same nonsense for 2 days now. No point in arguing with him.

Comment

Anyway, yes, Zab negated it very well surprisingly but Danny's straight right ended up working so well because Zab was entirely focused on taking his hook away. Was turning into it most of the night.

Comment

Styles make fights. Judah is frustrating to watch, it looked like he couldn't pull the trigger but then opened up in the later rounds with good counters.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  He's the expert not you!

That dude has been preaching the same nonsense for 2 days now. No point in arguing with him.

The ol' 'I box and know everything, clearly no one else here does' schtick.

Comment

One thing that can be said is that Garcia was able to adjust his gameplan after Judah took away his money punch. I don't see why the hate for Garcia plus he adjusted something a bunch of "better" fighters cannot do aka Khan, Rios, and a slew of others.

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
                      Styles make fights. Judah is frustrating to watch, it looked like he couldn't pull the trigger but then opened up in the later rounds with good counters.
                      Yeah, you could see him start to react to a lot of very open counter shots but it was often too late and he just couldn't pull the trigger. Took hima long time to warm up and get the rust out.

Comment

Working...
                      X