No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rivera Wants To Revive The Gamboa-Juanma Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rivera Wants To Revive The Gamboa-Juanma Clash

Promoter Peter Rivera of Puerto Rico Best Boxing would like to revive the idea of a fight between former champion Juan Manuel Lopez (31-2, 28KOs) and Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs). Top Rank had been building the fight for a long time, but those plans fell apart after Lopez was knocked out, twice, by Orlando Salido.

[Click Here To Read More]

NOOO I rather see Juanma Lopez vs Caballero

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF
      NOOO I rather see Juanma Lopez vs Caballero
      Caballero is old as **** dude lol. Gamboa and some people say this ship has sailed but let's face it... Who else is at 130 besides Uchiyama? Gamboa's last performance seemed to revive some people's hopes that Juanma would beat Gamboa but I don't think that's the case.

Chances are the shot Gamboa got dropped with would've killed Juanma. Once Salido hurt Juanma, Juanma never recovered even tho he was attempting to fight back.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Caballero is old as **** dude lol. Gamboa and some people say this ship has sailed but let's face it... Who else is at 130 besides Uchiyama? Gamboa's last performance seemed to revive some people's hopes that Juanma would beat Gamboa but I don't think that's the case.

Chances are the shot Gamboa got dropped with would've killed Juanma. Once Salido hurt Juanma, Juanma never recovered even tho he was attempting to fight back.

I'm not sure why people would NOT wanna see the fight really. I'd love to see it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I'm not sure why people would NOT wanna see the fight really. I'd love to see it personally.
          Besides a fight with Broner what's the biggest fight for Gamboa out there? Simple... Juanma.

Comment

Besides a fight with Broner what's the biggest fight for Gamboa out there? Simple... Juanma.

I agree completely. I wish Gamboa/SMS changes their mind though, didn't he already turn down a deal from Juanma?

http://www.boxingscene.com/gamboa-re...-sailed--60312

Comment

Quote:

I agree completely. I wish Gamboa/SMS changes their mind though, didn't he already turn down a deal from Juanma?

http://www.boxingscene.com/gamboa-re...-sailed--60312
              That's what I was referring to when I said "the ship has sailed". But he wasnt actually offered a deal, its just how he feels IMO. I think if they were actually offered the fight they would take it. I'm almost certain of this.

Comment

That's what I was referring to when I said "the ship has sailed". But he wasnt actually offered a deal, its just how he feels IMO. I think if they were actually offered the fight they would take it. I'm almost certain of this.

Yea you're right it was just talk. I think he would take the fight too, specially now that he's looking to relocate to Puerto Rico. Maybe he could win the fans over by KO'ing Juanma in PR? I'm serious too.

Comment

There's not much point to be honest. Juanma is shot to pieces. Let's see how he does in his next fight first.

Comment

Quote:

Yea you're right it was just talk. I think he would take the fight too, specially now that he's looking to relocate to Puerto Rico. Maybe he could win the fans over by KO'ing Juanma in PR? I'm serious too.
                    Or haters...

Gamboa is trying to relocate to PR? Where did you get this...?

Comment

Working...
                    X