No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
    145 is a welterweight fight when the contract allows fighters to go up to 147

i'm sorry, but a 147 limit is welterweight, 145 limit is a catchweight

maybe you think that 140.000000000000001 should be a WW championship fight with the belt on the line too
    bro, 147 is the max limit having the fight at that weight is not mandatory. so 145 is welterweight then? if thats the case whats the bottomline?

Comment

• Well Manny is gonna have to pay for the sanction fees,that is a lot of money did they are taking from his pocket. :gay:

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
        tell me, in what division is 145?
        yes 145 is within the ww division but cotto should be able to come in at 147 if is for his title,I dont care if its at 145 I say Pacman and his fans are in for a rude awakening

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          No title unless Pac wants to fight at the real weight.
          That's how I look at it. If there's no difference between 145 and 147 then there's no difference between 141 and 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
            145 is a welterweight fight when the contract allows fighters to go up to 147

i'm sorry, but a 147 limit is welterweight, 145 limit is a catchweight

maybe you think that 140.000000000000001 should be a WW championship fight with the belt on the line too
            Good Post

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              he just want the 150,000 dollars thats all
              more than that.

3% of the purse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
                yes 145 is within the ww division but cotto should be able to come in at 147 if is for his title,I dont care if its at 145 I say Pacman and his fans are in for a rude awakening
                how could miguel weigh at 147 when the contract says it must be at 145? what belt does miguel cotto have? and about the rude awakening, is that supposed to offend me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
                  If Cotto came at 147 he'd inflate to 160+ as he's a fully grown WW. Manny never fought as high in weight and the ammount you inflate to is not proportional to how much u weigh in. For instance, if Pacquiao at 135 inflated to 147, he would certainly not inflate to 159 if he weighs in at 147. Cotto most certainly does. See the balance now? Perhaps you see that all along thus you want the advantage for Cotto and hope no one else has a brain and knows basic human anatomy? lol Cotto has more than fair conditions. I'd make his ass 143, Manny is being soft if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                    how could miguel weigh at 147 when the contract says it must be at 145? what belt does miguel cotto have? and about the rude awakening, is that supposed to offend me?
                    how is me saying that pacman's fans are in for a rude awakening supposed to be offensive? i stated i dont really care if its at 145 or 147 Ihope Cotto wins since I am a fan of his but for the most part i hope is a great fight even if pacman wins,I say this fight is winnable for both unlike all this ppl counting Cotto out(In my opinion Cotto wins)but pacman can win

Comment

• Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                      If Cotto came at 147 he'd inflate to 160+ as he's a fully grown WW. Manny never fought as high in weight and the ammount you inflate to is not proportional to how much u weigh in. For instance, if Pacquiao at 135 inflated to 147, he would certainly not inflate to 159 if he weighs in at 147. Cotto most certainly does. See the balance now? Perhaps you see that all along thus you want the advantage for Cotto and hope no one else has a brain and knows basic human anatomy? lol Cotto has more than fair conditions. I'd make his ass 143, Manny is being soft if you ask me.
                      good post. i see this as a big risk for pac fighting at 145
                      Last edited by JM1; 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X