Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Roy Jones: who ranks higher on the ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    RJJ best for me are: BHop (1), James Toney, Trinidad, Tarver. In context Ruiz.

But its equally important how dominant he has. He went from MW to win a HW title, that puts him in the superelite.
    Bhop, Toney, Ruiz and Tarver a bit, Ive never rated Tarver. Tito was prime at ww, and it was his first fight at lhw, so thats a ok win, not a great win imo.

Where do you rank Toney and BHop on the ATG list?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
      Sonnybox is delusional and I responded to one of his posts already. I have proved him wrong again and again, but he keeps on going on with the same old story, its boring debating with him.
      So you did block him. Why make posts if you don't want anybody to debate with? You're like Lennox Lewis, always looking for the easy road.

If you dont like the thread topic why dont stay out of it instead. Or why dont you start a thread about a certain fighter who career started in 86 and was washed up by 88.
      Because it bothers me that somebody is stupid enough to even ask who ranks higher on an ATG list when one person is the great RJJ and the other is Lennox Lewis.

And are you talking about a fighter who accomplished more in his 2 year career than Lennox did in 15 years, and will go down in history as the better, higher ranked fighter, who was beloved and known around the entire world (not just a tiny island in the northeast Atlantic) for his ability to bring excitement to the ring and carried heavyweight boxing on his shoulders and destroyed his opposition from 85-92 in spectacular fashion?

I could make a thread about that fighter, but there are many others who already have, as his greatness is known the world over, unlike Lennox. You are all alone in your Lennox Lewis world, face it.

Comment

Both James Toney and BHop's achievements alone put them up there, top 50, if not just further back.
        Last edited by fight_professor; 03-26-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

So was it a good win or not according to you?
          No, like many of Lewis' wins it was beautifully orchestrated by Lewis and his management. He would have never fought Holyfield in the early 90's and there's a reason for that. Why didn't he fight early 90's Holyfield? Because he was too busy getting outboxed by guys like Frank Bruno to deal with a tank like Holyfield and he knew it. He waited until Holyfield was on his last legs, at least 5 years past his prime, and he pounced on him like a coward, and still couldn't come out with a convincing win. So no, it was not a good win in any regard.

Did I say it was a glorious win?
          You mention it among his great wins, so you didn't use that word, but you are trying to put that fighter on a pedestal to make it seem like a good win for Lewis.

Instead of stating this like its a fact, why dont you present your arguement instead? You do have one, right?
          Like I said in my first sentence, I'm tired of rehashing it with you and your boyfriend Shazam!. You don't want to hear it anyway, otherwise you wouldn't have blocked Sonnyboy.

Personal insults because I dont rate your favourite fighter? How old are you, 10 years old?
          He isn't my favorite fighter, but he is so far ahead of Lewis that it's ridiculous to even put them in the same conversation and ask the question "Who is ranked higher?"

Get a grip, dude. You can't expect to come to boxingscene and have this conversation in the Boxing history forum, or non-stop boxing, because most of us don't have a blind loyalty to a particular fighter because we're proud he is of our heritage.

You would be better suited to have these convo's in the limey lang, where most people would probably rank Lewis higher than the great Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            So you did block him. Why make posts if you don't want anybody to debate with? You're like Lennox Lewis, always looking for the easy road.
            Dude, I challenge you to make a case against Lewis and I bet I will shot it down. I proved sonnybox wrong on everything he said, everything and all he did was go over the same points.

Go and read from my post at the bottom too see what happened with me and Sonnybox
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=367439&page=8
            Because it bothers me that somebody is stupid enough to even ask who ranks higher on an ATG list when one person is the great RJJ and the other is Lennox Lewis
            Are you really that immature, you have to resort to name calling again? How old are you 5 years old?
            And are you talking about a fighter who accomplished more in his 2 year career than Lennox did in 15 years, and will go down in history as the better, higher ranked fighter, who was beloved and known around the entire world (not just a tiny island in the northeast Atlantic) for his ability to bring excitement to the ring and carried heavyweight boxing on his shoulders and destroyed his opposition from 85-92 in spectacular fashion?
            Who did he destroy according to you? Why is it you never present an arguement just state your opinion like its facts.
            I could make a thread about that fighter, but there are many others who already have, as his greatness is known the world over, unlike Lennox. You are all alone in your Lennox Lewis world, face it.
            Dude. lol at this. Is this the best you can do? No arguement, no case nothing just stating your opinion like its a fact, lol

Comment

No, like many of Lewis' wins it was beautifully orchestrated by Lewis and his management. He would have never fought Holyfield in the early 90's and there's a reason for that. Why didn't he fight early 90's Holyfield? Because he was too busy getting outboxed by guys like Frank Bruno to deal with a tank like Holyfield and he knew it. He waited until Holyfield was on his last legs, at least 5 years past his prime, and he pounced on him like a coward, and still couldn't come out with a convincing win. So no, it was not a good win in any regard.
              lol at this
              "While he was incarcerated, the WBC ordered a title eliminator between No. 1 ranked Razor Ruddock and No. 2 ranked Riddick Bowe, which was accepted by both in writing. After making such commitment, Bowe decided to pull out of the agreement and instead fight Pierre Coetzer of South Africa. The WBC then ordered the eliminator to be between Ruddock and No. 3 ranked Lennox Lewis, with the winner to be the official challenger for the world championship; Lewis won the fight. Main Events, who had the promotional rights to Holyfield, informed the WBC that Holyfield would not fight Lewis because he did not have a marketable name, but would fight Bowe instead. The Holyfield vs Bowe fight was authorized by the WBC with the condition that the winner fight Lewis. Bowe won the title, but instead of honoring his written agreement to fight Lewis, he refused to pay the WBC sanctioning fee and threw the championship belt into a London waste basket.
              http://cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wbc10-7.htm

You mention it among his great wins, so you didn't use that word, but you are trying to put that fighter on a pedestal to make it seem like a good win for Lewis.
              He avenged his loss, beating McCall is just as good as Jones beating a past prime Hill as well
              Like I said in my first sentence, I'm tired of rehashing it with you and your boyfriend Shazam!. You don't want to hear it anyway, otherwise you wouldn't have blocked Sonnyboy.
              Is this the best you can do? lol. You havent presented a case yet, lol
              He isn't my favorite fighter, but he is so far ahead of Lewis that it's ridiculous to even put them in the same conversation and ask the question "Who is ranked higher?".
              Present your case or be quiet
              Get a grip, dude. You can't expect to come to boxingscene and have this conversation in the Boxing history forum, or non-stop boxing, because most of us don't have a blind loyalty to a particular fighter because we're proud he is of our heritage.
              Present your case
              You would be better suited to have these convo's in the limey lang, where most people would probably rank Lewis higher than the great Roy Jones Jr.
              In other words you have no case, right? If its such a clear fact then why can you not present a case to prove your point?
              Last edited by General Zod; 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Dude, I challenge you to make a case against Lewis and I bet I will shot it down. I proved sonnybox wrong on everything he said, everything and all he did was go over the same points.

Go and read from my post at the bottom too see what happened with me and Sonnybox

Are you really that immature, you have to resort to name calling again? How old are you 5 years old?

Who did he destroy according to you? Why is it you never present an arguement just state your opinion like its facts.

Dude. lol at this. Is this the best you can do? No arguement, no case nothing just stating your opinion like its a fact, lol
                You ask for facts on common knowledge things? Did you just ask who Tyson destroyed? Who didn't he destroy? That list is much shorter. WTF man? Have you ever watched anybody but Lennox Lewis fight? I'm beginning to think the only Tyson fight you've ever seen was against Lennox Lewis in 2002.

You are the most delusional person I've ever seen on this forum, and that's bad because the Pinoys on NSB are among the worst, but you take the cake. At least their fighter is great.

Comment

You ask for facts on common knowledge things? Did you just ask who Tyson destroyed? Who didn't he destroy? That list is much shorter. WTF man?
                  Did destory:
                  Thomas: past prime/drugs
                  Larry Holmes: past prime/out of shape
                  Berbick: Never any good to begin with
                  Bruno: lol
                  And you are trashing Lewis's resume?
                  Didnt destroy:
                  Buster 'KFC' Douglas, Tucker, Bone Crusher,Green and Tillman

Have you ever watched anybody but Lennox Lewis fight? I'm beginning to think the only Tyson fight you've ever seen was against Lennox Lewis in 2002.
                  Dude dont you think its strange that i know more about Jones career than a so called fan, which you claim to be.
                  You are the most delusional person I've ever seen on this forum, and that's bad because the Pinoys on NSB are among the worst, but you take the cake. At least their fighter is great.
                  You make no case, petty insults, call for help from sonnybox and im the deluded one, lol
                  Last edited by General Zod; 03-26-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
                    Both James Toney and BHop's achievements alone put them up there, top 50, if not just further back.
                    You rank them top 50? What has Hopkins done to be ranked so high? And where do you rank Mike McCallum on your ATG list?

Comment

He'd be around their level.

Comment

Working...
                      X