Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Ring belt be up for grabs with Kovalev-Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    they changed that rule years ago...

In May 2012, citing the number of vacancies in various weight classes as primary motivation, The Ring unveiled a new championship policy. Under the new policy, The Ring title can be awarded when the No. 1 and No. 2 fighters face one another or when the Nos. 1 and 2 contenders choose not to fight one another and either of them fights No. 3, No. 4 or No. 5, the winner may be awarded The Ring belt. In addition, there are now six ways for a fighter to lose his title: lose a fight in his championship weight class; move to another weight class; not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months; not schedule a fight in his championship weight class for 18 months, even if fighting at another weight class; not scheduling a fight with a top 5 contender in any weight class for two years; or retiring.[7]
    Oh I see. Well hopefully it will be up for grabs then. The winner should have it for sure.

Comment

But when he gets schooled by ward I don't want to hear that ward was boring real talk to many ward haters now in days y'all know ward ain't no 49 year old bhop that comparison has to stop all kovalev has is a punchers chance he not more skilled these are facts yes kovalev is underrated very technically sound European no upper body movement bad defense and no inside game and i like kovalev huge fan of him but this is the reality I see ward making the right adjustments by moving to his right taking away kovalev right hand stop wishing for wards downfall because it won't happen styles make fighgs and im hoping ward getsbthe credit Sunday morning

Comment

any news on this yet?

Comment

any news on this yet?
          Hopefully the Ring belt is on the line.

Comment

The ring acting like a sanctioning body now, they completely abandoned the principle of 'Lineal'. Yes I say Ward-Kovalev should be a perfect time for them to pull this thievery but the hardcore know Stevenson is THE MAN...I dont care what they want to tell the casuals.

Comment

Checked the Ring website and it has the fight listed but makes no mention of the Ring title. So, I'd venture to say "no".

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Checked the Ring website and it has the fight listed but makes no mention of the Ring title. So, I'd venture to say "no".
                Well hopefully Stevenson fights the winner

Comment

Stevenson is the man at light heavyweight. It's crazy that so called"hard cores" only want to follow the lineages when it suits them. Also **** that midget chocolate mosquito for ruining lineages.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    The ring acting like a sanctioning body now, they completely abandoned the principle of 'Lineal'. Yes I say Ward-Kovalev should be a perfect time for them to pull this thievery but the hardcore know Stevenson is THE MAN...I dont care what they want to tell the casuals.
                    Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                    Stevenson is the man at light heavyweight. It's crazy that so called"hard cores" only want to follow the lineages when it suits them. Also **** that midget chocolate mosquito for ruining lineages.
                    I know Stevenson is lineal...i didnt ask about the lineal title.i asked would the Ring title be on the line

Comment

I know Stevenson is lineal...i didnt ask about the lineal title.i asked would the Ring title be on the line
                      I know you knew this already. Nobody can give you a definite answer not yet at least Im saying if they wanted to enforce their new policy its the perfect time given the magnitude of this fight, most people would not protest...what other fight is there that can justify such a ruling? add to that that many are considering the winner P4P it be pretty dumb to pass on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X