Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time the boxing world was shocked by an upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins/Pavlik, Dawson/Stevenson.

Comment

Tarver/Jones for me. I don't consider Marquez/Pacquiao IV a major upset, but I definitely didn't see the KO coming.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        You don't have to look further than Broner/Maidana, and Rigo/Donaire
        i mean im from cincinnati a broner fan and i was not even surprised he lost and i had money on rigo neither was really a shock

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Tarver/Jones for me. I don't consider Marquez/Pacquiao IV a major upset, but I definitely didn't see the KO coming.
          exactly i mean we have had upsets but nothing at that level. i guess the reason i made this thread is the boxing world is way way way overdue for an upset of that level

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is due to matchmaking. Too many people wanna keep those "0's".

We are overdue for a couple, plenty of big fights coming up for them to happen in. Probably won't though.

Comment

Shocked by an upset? Tyson v Douglas is the last time I remember being actually shocked. Underdogs can win. Its boxing. But an actual real life "shocking" upset hasn't happened in my mind since that fight.

Comment

Tarver Vs Jones was the last HUGE I can think of.

Broner Vs Maidana, Pacquiao Vs Bradley (although disputed)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Lewis vs Rahman
                  This is the one that sticks out to me. Tarver/Jones wasn't as shocking because I thought he lost the first fight anyway. Rahman had no business winning that fight.
                  Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                  Broner vs maidana
                  Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X