No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael just said that Canelo won a deserved decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
    I disagree, the name of the game is to hit and not get hit.
    That is true but Lara seemed to forget about the "hit" part for a lot of the rounds. He was literally running at times with no punching what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      2,4,5,7,8,9,10 were the rds I gave canelo

1,3,6,11,12 I gave to Lara

Close fight but thought Canelo's body work was the difference and really caused Lara's work rate to slow
      ???? You think Canelo caused Lara's work rate to slow? Angulo hit him with 50x more body shots, and much cleaner harder ones and didn't slow him down at all. It was quite clear the pace was slow because that is what Lara wanted.

Lara gave away the fight. He clearly won, but he has none but himself to blame for letting some of the rounds be so ambiguous by not putting a beating on Canelo. Ronnie Shields deserves some blame as well for telling him give me more rounds just like that instead of telling him to up the rate and not let the judges make excuses for Canelo.

Also, watch it back, not many of those body shots landed clean at all, most of them were on elbows while Lara was moving.

Comment

Can't argue with Dan. Canelo and Lara both gave rounds away. I think it's fair that the guy taking risks, going forward got the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          ???? You think Canelo caused Lara's work rate to slow? Angulo hit him with 50x more body shots, and much cleaner harder ones and didn't slow him down at all. It was quite clear the pace was slow because that is what Lara wanted.

Lara gave away the fight. He clearly won, but he has none but himself to blame for letting some of the rounds be so ambiguous by not putting a beating on Canelo. Ronnie Shields deserves some blame as well for telling him give me more rounds just like that instead of telling him to up the rate and not let the judges make excuses for Canelo.

Also, watch it back, not many of those body shots landed clean at all, most of them were on elbows while Lara was moving.
          I just think there was a huge drop in Lara's punch effectiveness after a few rounds.. He did rally late, but I thought he gave away a lot,of rounds between 3-10.

Lara only threw 2 punches the entire night, the jab, and lead left.. Hardly any combinations, I thought the lead left, followed by a right hook, straight left was there for Lara to land but he always just thru one shot and it cost him..
          Lara has much better physical tools compared to guys like jmm, Barrera, but those guys are masters of shot selection and much more wrinkles in their offensive game.. Lara seems to be pretty limited offensively IMO, he needs more combos and a wide selection of punches

Lara showed good fitness by taking the body shots and not slowing his movement but his punches def didn't seem to be as crisp or as often as he was in the early rounds...

Comment

Dan hates the cuban style. Who in the Lord's name scores Rigondeaux vs Donaire 114-113 or 115-113

Comment

Butthurt is strong tonight.
              Last edited by Resilient; 07-13-2014, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Lara put on just about the most pathetic "offense" I've ever seen. Never took a forward step and slapped most of his jabs. I picked him to win but stood and applauded when the cards were read. Lara didn't deserve to win with that pathetic running display followed by the cut throat motion after the fight. Do your tough guy **** during the actual fight next time you runner.

Comment

As Paulie said,that Martinez was scoring the fight for Canelo before it started.
                  Lara won,but history shows if your style isn't pleasing,you need a knockout just to get a draw.
                  And with what's going on at Golden Boy,could you see a scenario of the breadwinner actually losing?

Comment

The 117-111 card was bad. 115-113 was just about right though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      That is true but Lara seemed to forget about the "hit" part for a lot of the rounds. He was literally running at times with no punching what so ever.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X