No announcement yet.

BWAA or RING they all have external influences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    I notice people are calling out the BWAA as somehow they are less bias than the GBP owned ring. Do you know that the BWAA often has deals with Top Rank when purchasing tickets to their awards dinner? Notice how certain BWAA members tend to be very anti-GBP? Please.......... I know the history of the Organization, btw, unless you become a member of the BWAA and pay their $$$fees$$$ they won't give you a writing award anymore.

As for Marquez getting the award its only fair. If he gets the decision against Pac in 2011 he would have won it hands down last year.

So Donaire gets the BWAA and Marquez gets ring, i think it is more than fair. You can make the case for both winning. Perhaps some sanctimonious members of the BWAA love that he is yearly vada testing. Because yearly vada testing even with Victor Conte on your side is 100% guarantee that Conte can't slip "flinstone vitamins" to Andre Ward and Nonito Donaire.
    You forgot to add Oscar Dela Hoya owns Ring and Golden boy who Donaire had just beef with on twitter. Also Memo who admitted in court for supplying Peds to Olympic atheletes including Marion Jones, so the Marquez win over PAC is a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I don't have a great scale of greatness on hand.

OP does have a point, but personally I think it's this (below) as opposed to the part about external influences in that both fighters were worthy imho:

So Donaire gets the BWAA and Marquez gets ring, i think it is more than fair. You can make the case for both winning.

Comment

bwaa being againts golden is a made up **** ...

here's what we know :

golden who owns the ring mag is againts top rank...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

OP does have a point, but personally I think it's this (below) as opposed to the part about external influences in that both fighters were worthy imho:
          Absolutely.

Donaire and Marquez are the two fighters who deserve to be in the running.

Either one winning is fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Absolutely.

Donaire and Marquez are the two fighters who deserve to be in the running.

Either one winning is fine by me.
            ofcourse it is fine by you ..

but you have to look at it in a reasonable manner..

which is more credible between the 2...

if you think ring mag is then might as well preach broner and guerrero are deservingly current top 10 p4p fighters ...we all know thats bs...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              bwaa being againts golden is a made up **** ...

here's what we know :

golden who owns the ring mag is againts top rank...
              then its a good thing the Ring gve it to a TR fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                then its a good thing the Ring gve it to a TR fighter.
                he's not a top rank fighter , he's a zanfer fighter

Comment

1- To say that Top Rank has no affiliation with the BWAA is bogus. When the BWAA has hosted events in Vegas they have special deals to events in conjunction with Top Rank. Ask the admin of this website or anyone who knows the history, why would i lie about this, i don't make a nickel from GBP or TR.

2-Who was the last GBP fighter to win FOTY by BWAA?

3-The famous Hauser article that called out DLH, didn't that get first place in the investigative section? Fine. But name one Bloody award given on a major piece criticizing Bob Arum or TR? BTW, they gave Hauser another award about how HBO lost Pac. WHo really cares? HBO didn't want to defraud their audience by having a pass prime Mosley featured on a PPV event. God bless Ross Greenburg for not wanting the fight, BTW, he got fired not to far down the road,hmmmmmmm do you think TR had anything to do with that?

BTW, in sports illustrated Bob Arum himself said that a Pac-Mosley fight made no sense. Do you want a direct quote? Okay here it is:

"Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round when he fought Mora."To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40’s, but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight. What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.” "I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial situation (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)," Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age." - Sports Illustrated 9/20/2010

4-So i guess all these organizations like the news media that are owned by corporations are totally free from any external influences?

Comment

ofcourse it is fine by you ..

but you have to look at it in a reasonable manner..

which is more credible between the 2...

if you think ring mag is then might as well preach broner and guerrero are deservingly current top 10 p4p fighters ...we all know thats bs...
                    I think Guererro is deserving of a P4P spot, personally. Not so much Broner.

It's similar to the IBHOF and the WBHOF.

If you're inducted into the WBHOF you are considered a HOF'er, despite the IBHOF being considered "more credible".

Just as winning the Ring FOTY you are considered to have won the FOTY as an accomplishment or accolade.

Comment

he's not a top rank fighter , he's a zanfer fighter
                      I think he's with Top Rank.

He is according to their website but in all honesty I'm not that sure.

I know he did sign with them back in 2011 but I'm not sure how long his contract was for.

Comment

Working...
                      X