No announcement yet.

Calzaghe disrespecting a legend like RJJ was a disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe disrespecting a legend like RJJ was a disgrace

good job joe, showboat against a legend who is clearly past his prime and done as a boxer and you try to embrace him.

the bad thing about it is that he was showboating like he beat a prime roy.

Comment

o whatever. roy jones did it to outclassed and past-their prime opponents too. i love roy, but i don't mind the showboating that much in retrospect - though i was homicidal during the fight, lol.

too be honest, joe did more posturing in the last 3 rounds than attacking for a reason. i think carrying roy jones (or at least not relentlessly attacking him and going for the kill, whether he could have gotten it or not) was his sign of respect....

Comment

Its one thing if Calzaghe was a nobody, but he is a legend himself in boxing. Maybe to not to the american fans because we really didnt see much of him untill lately, but in the UK hes as praised as RJJ is here in the US. They are both future HOF and legends, showboating is just his style with everyone. Iam sure if RJJ was dominating the fight he woulda done the same as he was doing against Trinidad earlier this year.

Comment

Joe overdid it a little and is not a good showboater. He should not have done so while Jones was bleeding. Fight wasn't entertaining because it was so onesided and that is bad for boxing when ppv mega events are pushed to the masses as must see events and disappoint. Imagine buying a ticket or purchasing that ppv, I would have felt robbed.

Comment

joe just looks to so uncoordinated doing it.

Comment

It's been awhile since I saw RJJ-McCallum to remember if Roy showboated, but Roy still showboated against guys with 1/100th of his talent.

I don't have sympathy for Jones being on the receiving end of this, shot or not.

The problem I had with Calzaghe's showboating is that he looks so stupid doing it.

That shimmy he does just looks ridiculous and lame.

Comment

i enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  The problem I had with Calzaghe's showboating is that he looks so stupid doing it.

That shimmy he does just looks ridiculous and lame.
                  I agree completely. I didn't like it but Roy has done his fair share. Joe just looked like a toolbag and on top of that RJJ was bleeding uncontrolably.

Comment

i agree joe with his scrappy style looke stupid thats why it hurt harder lol

Comment

Working...
                    X