No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    He also said he would fight at Light Heavyweight champion while he still keeps the 145 strap. Cormier would kill him and Bones would make it like he never even existed. UFC fighters LOVE to talk. What ever happened to Ronda??? Before she was quoting EVERYONE from Trump to Jusitin Bieber talking smack. Now nothing??? We have our Butterbeans sidewhows in boxing as well... They're looked at as a JOKE and NOT the #1, #2 best P4P unlike UFC.
    I didnt know who Mcgregor was until they announced this fight. I went and checked out his vids and his energy impressed me.

The more I watched, the more I exclaimed "This guy is different."

I dont think he's a one trick pony.

What I like about the UFC is that a champ can be dethroned quickly and make room for fresh blood to claim the throne.

Comment

McGregor loves to talk and is a master of getting media attention with his words, it ain't that serious, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I'm not dick measuring MMA vs Boxing in that lame ass way first off. That boxer vs MMA guy stuff has been talked about to death. I'm saying there are more bs fights to be had in boxing & often top guys, top prospects take 3 years give or take before they fight a warm body & in the UFC guys keep moving up the ladder if they keep winning.

For example Jon Jones went from MMA nobody to the light heavyweight champion & one of the best guys in the sport in 8 fights over 2.5yrs. That virtually never happens in boxing cuz their is too much politics & bs & coddling & "marinating". Loma is a cat who's shown that can be done in boxing, but he had to fight his promoter to get it done. Its a rarity in boxing, but its standard in the UFC.

You can move up the ladder quickly in the UFC because its not nearly as competitive because its a new sport and therefore guys off the street can jump in and within a few years be great. If that's your thing fine, but I'd rather see elite skill.

In boxing you need 10+ years to have a chance at the elite level.

Comment

Starching the P4P king in 13 seconds is more impressive than anything Floyd did in his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
            You can move up the ladder quickly in the UFC because its not nearly as competitive because its a new sport and therefore guys off the street can jump in and within a few years be great. If that's your thing fine, but I'd rather see elite skill.

It sounds like you don't know much about boxing let alone mma.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post

So fighting taxi cab drivers, pizza guys & Walmart stockers is how you hone your craft in boxing?

I'd rather see competitive fights at all levels of the game. Iron sharpens iron. In boxing they got cardboard trying to sharpen iron for the first 3 years lol. Again I love boxing, but the lack of competitive fights at all levels of the game is a huge problem for the sport. Few would be watching a NFL team playing a junior college football team for the first 10 games of a NFL season, but that seems to be par for the course in pro boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                UFC superstar Conor McGregor knocked out his long-time rival Jose Aldo in mere 13 seconds to capture the UFC featherweight championship in the main event of the UFC 194 pay-per-view from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Irishman McGregor had said in the build-up to the event that he would embarrass Aldo with a first-round knockout, reports BBC sports.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Ronda Rousey fans be like, McGregor won, lets talk about Floyd... Seriously man, i understand people dislike for Mayweather but Mcgrego dont hold a candle to floyd as far as accomplisments. I seriouslsly doubt anyone would compare Ali to Brock Lesnar, & yes its the same difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  It's too bad Pettis lost to Dos Anjos, if Anthony was still the 155lbs champ he and McGregor would make for a massive event.
                  Oh ****. I've kinda forgotten about Pettis as of late. With or without a belt Pettis vs McGregor would be a fun ass fight. I think the more interesting stuff for McGregor is gonna happen at 155 & I think he'll be going there soon. Guy looks like a f#cking corpse at weigh ins. Can't keep that up.

Comment

McGregor weighs what 145-ish? Sounds like he can make WW for a Pacquiao boxing match... or Muy Thai match..set it up
                    Last edited by MisanthropicNY; 12-13-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Oh ****. I've kinda forgotten about Pettis as of late. With or without a belt Pettis vs McGregor would be a fun ass fight. I think the more interesting stuff for McGregor is gonna happen at 155 & I think he'll be going there soon. Guy looks like a f#cking corpse at weigh ins. Can't keep that up.
                      After the fight Kavanaugh said no more 145lbs, but then at the post-fight press conference McGregor said he'll go after the 155lbs title, but that he would keep the 145lbs and go back and forth defending them. He emphasized that he would not vacate the 145lbs title. Somewhere out there, Frankie Edgar started doing the happy dance.

Dana's probably already jerking off to McGregor/Northcutt for 2018.

Comment

Working...
                      X