Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do people stop ignoring you on this site...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horton, you have been a member as long as me and my advice would be to have a gimmick like I do and make a group.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      See.........
      Let's trade accounts, you'll be noticed under this one and I just have 2 months with it. Warning, it's mostly negative attention!

Jk.

You're good with your 2002 join date. Posters probably think you're too cool and you would ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
        I am not exactly a noob anymore yet I still can't very many people to respond to my opinions, especially in the boxing forum. I am fairly objective and nobody can ever compare me to a '*****' or '*******' so what the **** am I doing wrong?

Any ideas? Feel free to dis...
        I have no read your posts so I can not say if this is entirely accurate, however...

A general rule of thumb is that most of the best, concise posts will be ignored. if you post a few paragraphs, refuting things people said with ACTUAL facts or common sense and not just mindless opinions or flames it ends the discussion. People wont respond because they can't refute your post.

I grew used to it a long time ago. People post in NSB to hear themselves talk basically and aren't interested in any sort of intellectual discourse or debate; even about the sport they supposedly love.

Also, you shouldn't care. Good posters stand out after a long enough period. I can list off some of the smartest, and best posters that have posted on this site and I doubt any of them have even 2500 posts despite being here for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
          You need to start a thread titled "Do you notice me?", did wonders for this one poster.
          lmao. smart ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            2 options:

1) take locccy's advice

2) stop postin and asking why no one replies to you, then don't respond to anyone's advice.

Either will get you more responses.
            Just got back my yout' lol. I thought loccy was talking about me...being, you know, facetious n' ****.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              See.........
              bwahahahaha. That was classic. Thanks bro, that made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                I have no read your posts so I can not say if this is entirely accurate, however...

A general rule of thumb is that most of the best, concise posts will be ignored. if you post a few paragraphs, refuting things people said with ACTUAL facts or common sense and not just mindless opinions or flames it ends the discussion. People wont respond because they can't refute your post.

I grew used to it a long time ago. People post in NSB to hear themselves talk basically and aren't interested in any sort of intellectual discourse or debate; even about the sport they supposedly love.

Also, you shouldn't care. Good posters stand out after a long enough period. I can list off some of the smartest, and best posters that have posted on this site and I doubt any of them have even 2500 posts despite being here for years.
                Thank you. A very clear and concise explanation and I read every word.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                  lol

Horton your good peoples G
                  You havin a bad day or something?
                  nah, not at all. I was just wondering...I see what people are saying about the boxing forums though...

Thanks - you're good peeps too. I have never even seen you come across as rude. That's almost a miracle on boxing forums.

Comment

by the way gully - how many points do you want.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                      I noticed the more deep and elaborate my posts are, the less responses I get. But if I post short, smart ass comments, I get a lot or responses. People either don't have the attention to read long detailed posts, or they just want to hate on something or someone.

If you are bias and post immature, unintelligent comments, you are likely to get more responses on this site. Especially if you bash either Pac or Mayweather, lol. Or better yet, tell everyone you're an MMA fan. That should get people to respond (negatively of course).
                      That's pretty much how it's been going for me. I'm not really bothered. More curious as to how things went on around here.

Comment

Working...
                      X