No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Discusses Upcoming Clash With Gabriel Campillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev Discusses Upcoming Clash With Gabriel Campillo

Russian power puncher Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev, 18-0-1, 15 KOs, attracted much attention the last time he fought on NBC Sports Network FIGHT NIGHT. Kovalev garnered a new stable of devoted fans by crushing Lionell Thompson in a scheduled 10-round light heavyweight fight last September, and looks forward to earning more fans when he faces former champion Gabriel Campillo, 21-4-1, 7 KOs, on January 19th. Their 10-rounder is the main event on the first 2013 edition of the popular nationally televised FIGHT NIGHT boxing series. The telecast begins at 9 PM ET.

[Click Here To Read More]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

This is one of the two fights I'm most looking forward to.

(the other is Glazkov-Scott on Feb 23).

Props to NBC for putting on competitive, high-quality matchups.

Comment

Am I the only one who favors Kovalev in this? I mean I like Campillo too and it's sad how many times he got robbed but he's been stopped before. Not sure if he'll be able to keep Kovalev off of him. Anyway, it's an exciting matchup none-the-less.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Am I the only one who favors Kovalev in this? I mean I like Campillo too and it's sad how many times he got robbed but he's been stopped before. Not sure if he'll be able to keep Kovalev off of him. Anyway, it's an exciting matchup none-the-less.
          I've got Kovalev too because of his speed and athleticism.... he's not flatfooted like some of the other quality fighters Campillo has outboxed and should be much harder to find

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            I've got Kovalev too because of his speed and athleticism.... he's not flatfooted like some of the other quality fighters Campillo has outboxed and should be much harder to find
            Yeah he isn't your typical puncher. He has good foot and handspeed in addition to being a good combination puncher who can unload 4 or 5 punches no problem. Campillo is also a very good combination puncher and while he has a good defense he isn't a "defensive fighter" whose style revolves around trying to not engage. I'm expecting a entertaining fight.

I am suprised so many people are picking Kovalev though since he is pretty much untested and Campillo is the best LHW in my eyes and should be a Unified WBA & IBF Champion.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 01-15-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Yes, exactly! His boxing skills are underrated. He uses his reach and is not wasteful.

Comment

This is A very underrated slept on fight. January 19th will be a great night of boxing!

Comment

Working...
                X