No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Didn't Hatton effectively vacate the lineal 140lb title when he beat collazo for the WW title?
    Nope, you can't vacate a lineal unless you retire or leave a divison for good. Pac got his lineal.from Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Nope, you can't vacate a lineal unless you retire or leave a divison for good. Pac got his lineal.from Hatton.
      ok. that makes sense because I didn't remember urango being so high.

Comment

Not only do I disagree but I didn't think he was that ignorant, SMW? In the ring the two practically weigh the same, Pacquiao put on more weight than Mayweather when Mayweather campaigned in the lower weight classes, particularly 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
          Because he is a puppet. The "logic" he tried to invoke was a flat out joke.
          Mayweather and Pacquaio are around the same size anyway.

From age 15-present they've always fought at the same weight class.

Obviously Pacquaio turned pro at age 15 so as a professional he's fought in more weight classes but when Pacquaio was 15 and Floyd was 15 they were both flyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Not only do I disagree but I didn't think he was that ignorant, SMW? In the ring the two practically weigh the same, Pacquiao put on more weight than Mayweather when Mayweather campaigned in the lower weight classes, particularly 130.
            I was surprised when I heard him use that analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              when Pacquiao was young, he used to put weight in his pockets to make weight, or even fight.
              Not for the WBC/lineal flyweight title in 1998. There was no minimum weight limit so such an exercise would be futile.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Pac was lineal at 112 (Chatchai Sasakul), 126 (Barrera I), 130 (Marquez II), 140 (Hatton), and by some bodies 147 (Bradley III). Meaning he was not ever lineal at 122, 135, or 154.

Mayweather was lineal at 130 (Geno), 135 (Castillo), 147 (Baldomir and later Mosley or Guerrero, depending on who you ask) and 154 (Canelo). Meaning he was only not lineal at 140. He would probably have beaten whoever was lineal at 140 at the time anyhow.
                Hatton was lineal at 140 then...and Floyd did beat him..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Pacquiao is smaller than Mayweather, but not by much. Mayweather won the Golden Gloves at light flyweight at 16 and flyweight at 17. Pacquiao won the lineal flyweight title at 19. He's basically counting Mayweather's extensive amateur career against him.

Plus his argument doesn't make sense. Mayweather didn't beat Pacquiao based on size or power, he beat him with skill, which is the essence of pound for pound. Pacquiao pulverized Cotto at 145 lbs. and Margarito at 150 lbs. He put beatings on guys that are bigger and stronger than Floyd.
                  But dont you do the same thing when it comes to GGG not moving up? GGG fought at 147 at 19 by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Kosta Tszyu was lineal at 140 at that time.
                    Hatton had beaten him then, remember him and Cotto were at the Gatti fight

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      I was surprised when I heard him use that analogy.
                      Same, it's hard to tell if he really holds that opinion, that's what I'm struggling with because it's that outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                      X