No announcement yet.

What we learned from Trout vs. Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    1. Canelo is the real deal. He displayed real boxing craft and skills.

2. Trout has a power problem.

3. Fighting in Texas is not a good idea for most.

4. Open scoring might not be so bad if the judging wasn't so horrid.

5. Canelo is a dangerous opponent for Mayweather.

and most importantly...

6. Rigondeaux is still the man

1. He proved to me last night that he can mix it at a world class level, but I don't think he won the fight. His output was low and he looked tired in the second half of the fight.

2. Agreed. He just doesn't commit to his punches enough. Good boxer though.

3. Fighting in Texas is not a good idea unless your surname is Chavez or Alvarez. Stanley Christodoulou is a disgrace.

4. I agree with that also. I think the only reason Trout said he'd lost fair and square was because he found out at the end of the 8th that he was that far back despite the fight being an even affair. By the time the scorecards came there was no shock because he knew he needed a knockout to win after the 8th.

5. Mayweather wins the fight on stamina alone. Canelo's speed and defense impressed me but I think Mayweather beats him 9-3 or 8-4.

6. You know it!

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    Mayweather don't want none...
    Lets not get silly now.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    What we learned was this....

1. Canelo gasses after 4 rounds and can't fight hard for a full round to save his life

2. Jabs don't count

3. Open scoring is bulls**t when your judging is bulls**t, and it takes away from the suspense as a fan. I want to end the fight not knowing exactly how the judges might have had it, regardless of how the fight played out. I knew after they announced the cards after 4 rounds that Trout needed to dominate every single second of every single round, not get touched at all, or knock him out, to win.

4. Neither guy impressed, and is ready to fight Mayweather.
    Very true. How can you outland someone by 30 punches and only get 2 rounds?

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    Canelo's size is the main thing I am referring to. I question if Floyd can hurt Canelo enough to keep him off of him.
    He doesn't need to keep him off him, he just needs to not get hit that much. I think last night we learned that Canelo isn't good at pressuring as he can't fight a full 3 minutes. If he could fight a full 3 minutes he'd be ready for Floyd and would have a good chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
    X