No announcement yet.

Crawford vs Matthysse won't happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford vs Matthysse won't happen

I think Algieri is the mandatory for Crawford and is a much safer fight for Crawford & Top Rank (in my opinion)

Lucas is the mandatory for Garcia/Postol

I think Lucas and Crawford will be guided in different directions

What if he loses to khan? I really hope he's not the mandatory after that. 2 losses in three fights with the one victory being debatable is a joke. I think danny is moving up, he wouldn't fight Lucas anyways, so I don't mind the postol fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      What if he loses to khan? I really hope he's not the mandatory after that. 2 losses in three fights with the one victory being debatable is a joke. I think danny is moving up, he wouldn't fight Lucas anyways, so I don't mind the postol fight.
      if he loses to Khan at 147, they will bump Matthysse to #2 in the division most likely, then De La Hoya has a decision to make, have him fight Postol/Garcia winner, or Crawford

Postol/Garcia fight is much more winnable for Lucas IMO

Comment

Who said it would happen? Who wants it to happen? I wouldn't mind this fight to be honest but at this stage I think Crawford needs more experience at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Who said it would happen? Who wants it to happen? I wouldn't mind this fight to be honest but at this stage I think Crawford needs more experience at 140.
          i'm a lucas fan and i think crawford thinks a bit more in the ring than lucas

lucas has a lot of tools for a boxer/puncher but crawford looks more cerebral, when he stopped dulorme it looked like he had that **** planned out from the start

who wants it to happen? they mentioned it like 3 or 4 times on HBO during and after the fight, they even asked crawford if he wanted the winner

Comment

Yes Crawford looks good and he has so far in the little that I have seen him, but I have also seen Lucas destroy people like Ajose who IMO was an awkward style/fighter, dealing with styles like that is good for your experience. Crawford for me probably needs another fight or 2 before he fights someone like Lucas.

Comment

broner schools both oh yeah and lol

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                I think Algieri is the mandatory for Crawford and is a much safer fight for Crawford & Top Rank (in my opinion)

Lucas is the mandatory for Garcia/Postol

I think Lucas and Crawford will be guided in different directions
                You'd be surprised. While Top Rank seems like the A-typical promoter who shields the guys they are building, they will often do something unconventional like give the consumer exactly what they yearn. Crawford and Mathysse for this or next year would do wonders whether either or won or lost

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  i'm a lucas fan and i think crawford thinks a bit more in the ring than lucas

lucas has a lot of tools for a boxer/puncher but crawford looks more cerebral, when he stopped dulorme it looked like he had that **** planned out from the start
                  HBO sold it as that, but I think some weak punch resistance had something to do with it.

Crawford a big Top Rank asset now, really doubt they put him in with Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    HBO sold it as that, but I think some weak punch resistance had something to do with it.

Crawford a big Top Rank asset now, really doubt they put him in with Matthysse.
                    This is why I thought as well. Just like the way the Crawford-Gamboa highlights video starts at round 5 like nothing happened in those first four.

Comment

Working...
                    X