No announcement yet.

Vladimir vs Povetkin rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimir vs Povetkin rematch?

The first fight was an ugly affair, and Vladimir spoiled most of it with his holding and leaning on Povetkin. Still, he beat Povetkin soundly.

Should there be a rematch? Vladimir probably does not have a lot of fights left before retirement time, and there are a handful of contenders he can focus on instead, especially considering he would be pursuing the WBC strip.
    Yes, it would be fair
    63.64%
    No, Vlad has other interests
    36.36%

The poll is expired.

I'd like to see a rematch with a fair and honest referee who prevents Klitschko from excessive holding and pushing down on Povetkin.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-08-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Theoretically, there should be a rematch with a ref who penalises holding, the officiating of that fight was very unfair and much of what Wlad did simply illegal.

Unfortunately, we probably would never see the fight fairly refereed so there seems little point in it.

Comment

I got to be honest. If I had to pick one man that can truly beat Wladimir Klitschko, that would be Povetkin.

I am glad Povetkin left Sauerland, he is becoming a true gentlemen of the sport.

Comment

Yes I'd love to see a rematch and I'd also like to run my scrotum through a meat grinder whilst using hydrofluoric acid as lube to wank off with.

Comment

Povetkin deserves a rematch. That first fight was just wrong.

Comment

If you guaranteed me Wlad wouldn't be allowed to cheat, I'd look forward to a Povetkin rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                If you guaranteed me Wlad wouldn't be allowed to cheat, I'd look forward to a Povetkin rematch.
                basically this

Comment

Honestly, I hope he will meet Stiverne or Fury. Stiverne has fast and powerful hands and might catch Vlad before he lands in a hug. Fury has the size and can make it a scrappy affair, something Vlad doesnt like.

Comment

Truthfully, Povetkin seems like the only guy Wlad's ever messed up that came back pretty fast and seems like he's still the best contender. Usually they are kinda ruined from being a serious contender again. So it would be fine with me if he got another chance. The Takam win is probably the best thing anybody at heavyweight but Wlad has done since Wlad/Povetkin, sooooo...

Comment

Working...
                    X