Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has fought the better opponents? John Ruiz or Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    C'mon now, Cotto is 27 and has been a pro for less than 7 1/2 years. Ruiz is 36 and has been a pro for 16 years.
    You see, the trick to this poll is that Ruiz fought the "names" while Cotto fought prime fighters. So you COULD make an argument that Ruiz fought washed up "name" fighters whereas Cotto fought the fresher comp. Still voted for Ruiz though.

I think Holyfield has the best resume of any active fighters.
    THAT... is true. If Tua-Arreola fell through, I think Holy and Tua should duke it out considering that Holyfield will never retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      john ruiz gave as one of the most spectacular fight in recent heavyweight boxing history......

Yeah, after Tua just blitzed Ruiz like that, he became very cautious and was never the same after that. He was broke in a way and became a hugger becuase of it.

Comment

john ruiz gave as one of the most spectacular fight in recent heavyweight boxing history......

Ruiz could've beat the count...

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutTheFat View Post
          You see, the trick to this poll is that Ruiz fought the "names" while Cotto fought prime fighters. So you COULD make an argument that Ruiz fought washed up "name" fighters whereas Cotto fought the fresher comp. Still voted for Ruiz though.

THAT... is true. If Tua-Arreola fell through, I think Holy and Tua should duke it out considering that Holyfield will never retire.
          Aww man, I wouldn't want to see Holyfield fight Tua at this stage, Evander takes too many punches and David can still bomb.

Yeah if the count was 1000.

Comment

tua ko 4 holyfield......

Comment

lol

the only thing ruiz was counting was sheep......

Comment

Aww man, I wouldn't want to see Holyfield fight Tua at this stage, Evander takes too many punches and David can still bomb.
                evander holyfield would die......

hang it up holy......please hang it up......

Comment

I voted for Cotto just because Ruiz fought some of those past their prime.

Comment

tua ko 4 holyfield......
                    Holyfield UD Tua...

And if that fight ever happens I will bet you all my points that Holyfield will beat him. Still doesn't mean he'll beat the top 10 HW's though.

Comment

Ruiz right now, give Cotto a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                      X