Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Do you Pay For Your Internet And What Kind of Upload/Download speed you get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Do you Pay For Your Internet And What Kind of Upload/Download speed you get?

I am thinking of switching over from Cable internet to fiber. The prices seem good. I am on a 40/6 megabit connection now. For the most part I find it very good. Now the local phone company has Fiber to the home. I can get a 175/30 megabit connection for about $30 extra per month.

For those of you with really fast speeds, does those ultra speed truly translate to faster download speeds in the real world or does it only just show up in online speed tests? Some time ago I used to have an 80 megabit connection, but at the time I never really saw a real world difference when it came to downloads. Also, of those of you with Fiber, is the connection reliable? I need one as I work from my home.

Here is the packages they offer here for Fiber
    http://productsandservice.bellaliant...net&curbody=53

you never fully utlize the speed of your highspeed internet unless you download and then even then the download has to be line speed to utlize your max speed, download a large torrent with alot of seeders to see your speed in action.

I do 3MB download and 1.5MB upload

cost me $55 cable.

I like it download a movie in like 8 9 minutes.

never no stream lag or anything.

Comment

That's none of your business...

Comment

I pay about $60 for 30mb down and 5mb up speeds. That's about as good as it gets in my area.

Comment

i'm not sure what my internet costs on its own. i've got a "bundle"

it's 90-100 with my cable, before hbo and showtime.

these are my speeds. in case it doesn't display the result properly, i've got a 13 ping, 23.5 mb download, and 4.5 upload.

it's cable internet (comcast) with a router.

Comment

I am hoping someone out there has Fiber. Right now I have 5 computers running. One of them is VPN'd into another province and the other is VPN'd into New York. I have a google+ video chat with 4 other people I work with. It strains my upload speed, but it works. The Fiber has very good upload speeds, but it needs the capability to have Multiple strong consistent connections all over the place. I need someones input before I jump to it.

Any of you have Fiber to the Home type internet?

Comment

20mbps

I pay 71$.

Comment

Virgin Media (UK) Fibre Optic
                30mb download (3mb/s)
                2mb upload (200kbp/s)
                Price: £22.50 a month ($45 dollars) with the first 2 months £17.50 ($53ish).

I used to be with Virgin Media about 5 years ago but they ramped up their prices too much and the speed was not worth it, I was on 2 MB download and paying £10 a month (about $16) so I switched to o2 Broadband (ADSL) and I was getting between 8mb-12mb tops (ADSL speed depends on your exchange rate distance iirc) and 2mb upload for £10 at first with 3 months off, then £13.50 with 6 months off and when it came to renew it they were going to give me 3 months off but since its ADSL its speed is not consistent AND it cuts out now and again SO I moved back to Virgin Media. Never looked back, it costs a fair bit more but the speed is constant, never have to restart the router and it never cuts out. I also get more speed AND in the future they will provide free upgrades which is something that is beyond the ADSL companies control since they do not control the exchange rate distance.

Comment

Working...
                X