Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dd no one EVER record Earnie Shavers or Julian Jackson on the heavy bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dd no one EVER record Earnie Shavers or Julian Jackson on the heavy bag?

How nuts is that!?

You would have thought someone would have recorded 2 of the greatest punchers of all time on the freaking heavy bag in training, whats wrong with people!?

A manager / trainer would never agree to that type of testing because:

1) Risk of injury to the fighter. If he's going all out on the bag, it's possible he could break his hands and jeopardize potential million-dollar paydays down the road. (This is the reason Kevin Rooney never allowed Tyson to do this)

2) Fear of the unknown. If your opponent thinks you can break the earth in half with a right hand, the last thing you want to do is give an exact account of just how many PSI you can hit with it. It would give the opposing fighter enough confidence to say "Oh, xxxx PSI? That's not so bad. I can handle that..." And the guy being tested loses that psychological edge in the fight.

Comment

^^^

I don't think he means that. To me it seems he wants to know why there is not footage of them hitting smashing the heavy bag

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
        A manager / trainer would never agree to that type of testing because:

1) Risk of injury to the fighter. If he's going all out on the bag, it's possible he could break his hands and jeopardize potential million-dollar paydays down the road. (This is the reason Kevin Rooney never allowed Tyson to do this)

2) Fear of the unknown. If your opponent thinks you can break the earth in half with a right hand, the last thing you want to do is give an exact account of just how many PSI you can hit with it. It would give the opposing fighter enough confidence to say "Oh, xxxx PSI? That's not so bad. I can handle that..." And the guy being tested loses that psychological edge in the fight.
        There's actuall a video of Tyson hitting the heavybag pretty hard on Youtube. His punches sound like a machine gun going off.

Comment

I have footage of Earnie Shavers hitting the punching bag. I will upload it for you...
          ...for 1 million dollar

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
            ^^^

I don't think he means that. To me it seems he wants to know why there is not footage of them hitting smashing the heavy bag
            Oh, you're right. There actually is footage of Julian Jackson hitting a heavy bag in at least one montage video on youtube. It's brief, but there must be a longer video of it out there somewhere. I don't see it on youtube, though.

Comment

Working...
            X