No announcement yet.

Donaire: "It was legal but I would NEVER pull a 'Mayweather'"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire: "It was legal but I would NEVER pull a 'Mayweather'"

[img]http://www.************.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nonito_donaire.jpg[/img]

Originally posted by Nonito Donaire
    It can be classless, it can be unsportmanike, even opportunistic, but unforunately, its still legal. Would I pull a mayweather? No. But would I pull an Ortiz and be THAT close to a fighter even IF he was saying sorry? No. Id keep arms length away.
    http://twitter.com/#!/filipinoflash/...93898229813248

http://www.facebook.com/nonitodonair...50380387987040
    Yes
    31.00%
    No
    60.00%
    Maybe
    9.00%

Your username is ironic...

I see what you did there...

Comment

Maybe if I was desperate I "Might" do it?

Comment

Which is what made Floyd's actions weirder.

If Donaire were in Floyd's position, we'd expect him to get mad and brutally embarrass his opponent for the rest of the fight and possibly KO him. Floyd and Donaire are both skilled enough to do that to almost anyone.

I think that's what a lot of us were expecting from Floyd as well. That Floyd was going to go up a gear and really kick Victor's ass even worse for the next few rounds.

A lot of people probably feel that Floyd's actions cheapened his victory because up to that point, he fought the fight in such a high class, but he didn't finish it in the same level of class.

Comment

lol wheres that poster who quoted Donaire earlier and was saying he was supportive of the punch? He should see this quiote now.

And I agree with Donaire.

Comment

It can be classless, it can be unsportmanike, even opportunistic, but unforunately, its still legal.

End thread

Comment

I'll be honest I would do the same thing Mayweather did.

It brings back Mares vs Agbeko. Mares was hitting Agbeko's nut the whole night and didn't show any retaliation. I was fuming for Agbeko to hit back so that at least the referee notice it.

I checked my comments. I didn't criticize Mayweather at all. I just called the whole 3 fights as a joke. It was a carnival. What we saw wasn't boxing that would inspire people, what we saw was a fiasco like Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear off. No one was talking about boxing, the skills and techniques everyone are just too busy talking about the sportsmanship and professionalism of both fighters.

I don't even feel like posting. Noting much to talk about the fight.

Comment

floyd as always...a cheating fraud...

Comment

Donaire needs to shut the phuck up...Cortez gave the hand signal to fight and Ortiz still wanted to kiss and hug....Floyd did what he had to do.

Who cares if Donaire wouldn't pull a "Mayweather"....he said it himself, it was legal.

Why is everyone focused on Mayweather did and NOT on what Ortiz did.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                    Donaire needs to shut the phuck up...Cortez gave the hand signal to fight and Ortiz still wanted to kiss and hug....Floyd did what he had to do.

Who cares if Donaire wouldn't pull a "Mayweather"....he said it himself, it was legal.

Why is everyone focused on Mayweather did and NOT on what Ortiz did.
                    .....Donaire is a Top P4P , Mayweather isn't what he says is relevant

and because the headbutt didn't KO Mayweather ruining the fight.

2 wrongs don't make a right

Comment

Working...
                    X