Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say I was 100% focused but I think a draw was fair

Comment

For me, Andy Lee by a whisker -1 point.

I thought Lee was just a little more active (lol) and accurate in the second half of the fight.

To be honest I was surprised at how crappy Quillin actually is.

Comment

I scored it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          A draw actually

But it was because I didn't score the 2nd kd as a kd
          Originally posted by buge View Post
          113-113 - I gave Quillen the 10-8 even though I saw him step on Lee's foot as it happened, and had a 10-10 round in there
          Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Draw if you don't score the second K/D
          You have to score it a 10-8 round. If the ref calls a knockdown, just or unjust, the judge has to take that into account.

As to the actual knockdown, I think their feet became slightly entangled at the same time Quilin was landing punches and Lee was dropped mostly due to the punches peter landed. I think it was the right call

I scored the fight a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Had it very close for Quillin and wanted him to get KTFO but a draw is appropriate for this fight neither guy deserved a win over the other and both were very concerned about the other's power.

do you blame them?

those aren't small guys, and both can punch.

i thought that was a very solid fight. sometimes a southpaw and an orthodox fighter will get confused and end up staring at each other out of fear of the counterpunch.

Comment

Lee in a close contest, accidently voted Lee by clear decision though, oops!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                do you blame them?

those aren't small guys, and both can punch.

i thought that was a very solid fight. sometimes a southpaw and an orthodox fighter will get confused and end up staring at each other out of fear of the counterpunch.
                Especially when they can take each other out with a punch, which both guys could and almost did.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                  Had is 114-112 Lee with a 10-10 round in the 4th. The scorecards were very good though. A nice change.
                  I saw it the same way.

Comment

The average score on JudgeCardX was 113-112 Quillin.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      You have to score it a 10-8 round. If the ref calls a knockdown, just or unjust, the judge has to take that into account.

As to the actual knockdown, I think their feet became slightly entangled at the same time Quilin was landing punches and Lee was dropped mostly due to the punches peter landed. I think it was the right call

I scored the fight a draw
                      One of the judges didn't. I thought it was a legit knockdown the first time I saw it but boxnation replayed it and I didn't think it was a knockdown at all.

Count the k/d and I have Quillin by a point, but it shouldn't have been counted imho.

Comment

Working...
                      X