Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan a Tougher fight for Mayweather than Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan shouldn't be mentioned alongside Mayweather or Pacquiao. Both of them would school Khan.

Comment

No. Way. ...

Comment

Defense, not equal. I think Pacquiao uses his feet quite well to avoid punches.

Biggest one is STAMINA. Khan is a known frontrunner. Pacquiao won't be throwing arm punches at you, even by the 11th round. That alone means Mayweather would have to be FAR more cautious against Pacquiao.

Still see both getting beat widely by Mayweather. Khan possibly stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Don't think this one has been asked before (I searched the threads before posting).

Does Amir Khan actually pose a more difficult style match up for Mayweather than Manny Pacquiao does?

Khan has a better jab than Pacquiao, he's taller, rangier (4 inches more reach than Pacquiao), less powerful, about equal footwork, equal defense, equal speed. But Pacquiao seems to have that phantom power which could be the deciding factor.

Tactically, they're both trained by Roach so the game plan would probably be similar. Most of Roach's fighters seem to fight in a very similar way, sort of like a stick and move, ambush style. So, is Khan a tougher fight for Mayweather, or is Pacquiao?
          There is really nothing phantom about Pacquiao's power. His punches have great speed and he turns his body into the punches so the punches have power. Mosley started that phantom stuff I guess. Pacquiao is faster and stronger than Khan with better stamina and better technique.Pacquiao hits harder,throws more punches,and takes a punch much better than Khan. Pacquiao is the bigger threat by far.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            There is really nothing phantom about Pacquiao's power. His punches have great speed and he turns his body into the punches so the punches have power. Mosley started that phantom stuff I guess. Pacquiao is faster and stronger than Khan with better stamina and better technique.Pacquiao hits harder,throws more punches,and takes a punch much better than Khan. Pacquiao is the bigger threat by far.
            That's all good and I do agree with all of that but Pacquiao can't utilize his offense well when his opponents show him movement and move to his right, hence I don't see him doing squat to Floyd. Khan at least has size, speed, a pretty good jab and because of that alone I see him giving Floyd a tougher fight, in the end though Floyd dominates these two.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Don't think this one has been asked before (I searched the threads before posting).

Does Amir Khan actually pose a more difficult style match up for Mayweather than Manny Pacquiao does?

Khan has a better jab than Pacquiao, he's taller, rangier (4 inches more reach than Pacquiao), less powerful, about equal footwork, equal defense, equal speed. But Pacquiao seems to have that phantom power which could be the deciding factor.

Tactically, they're both trained by Roach so the game plan would probably be similar. Most of Roach's fighters seem to fight in a very similar way, sort of like a stick and move, ambush style. So, is Khan a tougher fight for Mayweather, or is Pacquiao?
              Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              That's all good and I do agree with all of that but Pacquiao can't utilize his offense well when his opponents show him movement and move to his right, hence I don't see him doing squat to Floyd. Khan at least has size, speed, a pretty good jab and because of that alone I see him giving Floyd a tougher fight, in the end though Floyd dominates these two.
              I respect your opinion. If you are referring to the Mosley fight, Pacquiao won every round and winning rounds wins fights. I think Pac had an off night against Marquez and still won but Marquez and Floyd are different fighters in the way they counter punch. A lightning fast lefty who throws a ton of punches, comes in at angles, has a great chin, and never gets tired, is going to give Floyd a rough night. Floyd is not as fast as he used to be. Cotto won a round or two and Pac is lots faster and throws twice as many punches as Cotto. Khan has yet to beat a welterweight and has a weak chin. Floyd KOs him no problem.

Comment

Khan has a good jab, it's fast and has a long reach.

There are 2 punches Mayweather's defense is susceptible to.

An orthodox fighter with a good jab, and a southpaw with a good straight left.

Comment

Floyd has already said a pacquiao leftover was his toughest fight.

Maybe pac's sparring partner can give him an easier time. Or not.

Comment

Is this a serious question? The same Khan who couldnt land a glove on Paul Mckloskey?

Comment

Khan doesnt have a good jab tho. He just flinches it out with no power at all.

On top of that, he is an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X