Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is a better counter puncher? Mayweather or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd's,it's simple,Marquez counters well,but he still gets hit way more than Floyd!!Floyd's countering ability's make him hardly get hit while his accuracy remains high,nuff said!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
      Floyd's,it's simple,Marquez counters well,but he still gets hit way more than Floyd!!Floyd's countering ability's make him hardly get hit while his accuracy remains high,nuff said!!
      This is why I voted for Floyd, counter punching and defense go hand in hand. But like Silencers said, if we're talkin' pure counter punching then Marquez I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        This is why I voted for Floyd, counter punching and defense go hand in hand. But like Silencers said, if we're talkin' pure counter punching then Marquez I'd say.
        I have to agree to disagree,a counter punch is a successfull blow landed after the opponent throws 1st,having the ability to make an opponent throw,miss & be hit in return is what makes Floyd the better counter puncher in my opinion of course!!

Comment

I have to agree to disagree,a counter punch is a successfull blow landed after the opponent throws 1st,having the ability to make an opponent throw,miss & be hit in return is what makes Floyd the better counter puncher in my opinion of course!!
          Where are we disagreeing? Just saying, if we disregard Mayweather's defense (And I'm not doing that) I think Marquez would be the better counter puncher because he's able to counter with combinations.

Comment

floyd with single punches definitely

i like the way marquez puts his punches together though

both fighters have incredible timing aswell and control distance perfectly

i think james toney is better than both though to be honest

Comment

Mayweather is better than Marquez in every department clearly shown in their fight.

Comment

good point. marquez lands more counterpunches but he takes more shots himself in return while floyd picks his spots more carefully. i think its very even and that u can make a case for either one, im gonna go with floyd since hes been able to be effective against the best pure boxers out there with his counterpunching ability. marquez wasnt that effective against chris john and casamayor, so against smart fighters his counterpunching ability doesnt look as impressive as it does against overaggressive and technicly flawed fighters. floyd has been able to outsmart the smartest and most skilled fighters he ever came up against like genaro hernandez and including marquez. yes i know marquez wasnt a credible win given the weight, but size diffrent or not floyd was outsmarting him too and that aint got **** to do with weight.

its the kind of question u can have a diffrence of opinion on though. marquez for example uses more counterpunches then floyd does, not just landing more often with countershots but with a larger variety. he counters any punch his oponent throws and can come back with basicly anything too. floyd studies his oponent and then looks for the same 2-3 countershots all night.

Comment

i'll say marquez

Comment

Mayweather by far his average connect % far exceeds Marquez

Comment

I can't belive 8 people pick Marquez just becuz they don't like Floyd. They're willing to look like Jackasses and idiots becuz they hold a grudge against someone. Damn what is this world coming to. Piece of shyt people probably giving birth to piece of shyt kids that r gonna ruin the world with their stupidity.
                      Last edited by JDezi4; 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X