Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most "boring" fighter out of Wladimir Klitschko, Mayweather + Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    So Wlad is super boring and Ward is just boring. Problem solved!
    Each to their own. Only thing ive found boring with Ward is the lack of competitive fights.

Comment

1. Klitschko
      2. Ward
      3. Floyd

Floyd is an extraordinary athlete who every now and then will throw some eye-catching fancy punches or show some acrobatic defensive moves despite being at the tail end of his career.

He just has that natural smoothness about his style that Ward lacks. Unlike Floyd and Ward, Klitschko has the punching power and mostly all the intangibles you can think of to KO every opponent he faces, but he chooses to play it safe most of the time. I personally don't have any problem with his style. I'm a pro-defensive fighters fan and he's fighting in a division where it's inevitable for anyone to get KO at any given moment.

Ward is a great all-around boxer who can do it all, but he's just not as smooth or athletically gifted as Floyd is/was.
      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-29-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Wlad fights used to be exciting because you never knew who was going to get knocked out but the last several he fights too careful with all that grabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

I think it could go either way between these three. Their tactics in some situations are similar and how ugly it ends up looking depends a lot on who they are fighting.

Aka if Povetkin was boxing from a distance rather than trying to get inside, guaranteed this fight would have looked different. Of course, I'm not suggesting that doing so would have been in Povetkin's best interest or that he should or even could of. Just pointing out that that brought out the ugliest performance on Klitschko's part.

I ended up voting Floyd, but honestly not by a huge amount. Had this been a similar poll prior to Floyd's first retirement, there is no way I would have voted Floyd.. given the way he beat the **** out of Gatti and others.

Comment

Wlad simply because he always has every advantage and still fights scared, never once have I seen him go in for the kill like a mad man. he gets KO's but his level of opponents is really horrid, yet he still fights as though he may be killed at any second.

Comment

For me

Mayweather - oftentimes frustrating esp when it is obvious his talent and skill is wayyyyy above his opponent but still he remains defensive. he's lucky his marketing gimick (i.e. being a villain, douche, etc) clicked because his style doesnt really translate to many fans.

Vlad - 10x more frustrating than mayweather esp when his size and skill is also wayyyy above then most his opponents. the only consololation is he KOes people after a few rounds of hugging

Ward - wins and does not care if it looks good or bad. kinda like amateur boxing mentality.

Comment

Wlad, no contest.

Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather dominate world class competition and provide us with world class skills, Wlad fights C and D level fighters in every fight and struggles so much he has to use illegal tactics over and over again.

A guy that has barely been boxing for 6 years of his life gave him hell in his last fight, forced to win through illegal tactics. Made him look amateurish in there.

He's stiff, robotic, and isn't a fluid athlete like Ward/Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                X