Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait a min, Chad Dawson was on the Calzaghe-Lacy Undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait a min, Chad Dawson was on the Calzaghe-Lacy Undercard?

News to me, didn't know about this until now.

I'm not sure if it was televised, but I'm sure I vaguely remember the fight.

Not 100% though, and I wouldn't of known who he was back then anyway.

Comment

The fight was not televised, it was a one-shot live deal for Showtime to show Calzaghe-Lacy.

He was on the card because Gary Shaw is his promoter, and Shaw promoted Lacy at that time and got a slot on the undercard as part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
        The fight was not televised, it was a one-shot live deal for Showtime to show Calzaghe-Lacy.

He was on the card because Gary Shaw is his promoter, and Shaw promoted Lacy at that time and got a slot on the undercard as part of the deal.
        Thanks for the info, green K sent

Comment

As far as I know, Dawson doesn't say anything bad about Calzaghe. He said he would have like to fought him, but never said anything bad about him. While Froch on the other hand has constantly stalked Calzaghe, even called him up on the phone to contact him. Hahahaha, anyone see that? It was awhile back before the jean pascal fight and froch was still a nobody but now he is a somebody because he beat taylor but when froch was a nobody and Calzaghe was a somebody, Froch wanted him so badly.

Don't know why Froch wanted Calzaghe so badly, he would have destroyed him back then. I know its about the money, but if he was smart he would realize if he took steps to get up higher and higher to reach that goal of money, he'd make more over time then trying to chase fighters he can not beat. And who ever picked Allan Green for frochs next opponent is a genius, he should be able to beat Green.

Comment

Originally posted by FraudMayweather View Post
            As far as I know, Dawson doesn't say anything bad about Calzaghe. He said he would have like to fought him, but never said anything bad about him. While Froch on the other hand has constantly stalked Calzaghe, even called him up on the phone to contact him. Hahahaha, anyone see that? It was awhile back before the jean pascal fight and froch was still a nobody but now he is a somebody because he beat taylor but when froch was a nobody and Calzaghe was a somebody, Froch wanted him so badly.
            MacChamp

lmao, you've had about 15-20 name changes

Comment

Working...
            X