Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins..the highest ranked present fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. roy jones is still active.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
      Either it was that or something similar. I would of found it by now if it weren't for the shit search function.

Found it....it wasn't weight, my bad(can't blame me for not remembering every detail on a forum a while ago). Still shows the favoritism of boxing fans on how they love to flip shit.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...m#post12210189
      Yeah, it wasn't what you initially accused me of in this thread at all, I knew I never called Trinidad too small for 160. And that post is a different context.

Comment

Hopkins was a great fighter. He is 49 and he promised his mother he would retire 9 years ago. He should retire now. I can't imagine he needs money. His fights stink out the joint and it's painful to watch his foul filled wrestling matches. He is taking punches now that could ruin his future health and cause brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Pac and Mayweather should both rank over Hopkins.
          Huh. Just noticed your sig, and happen to be playing Zelda right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I may have agreed if this was a triangle theory. What's ******ed is how you came with with that terrible conclusion.
            It's pretty clearly a triangle theory.

In so many words you're saying Mayweather got an SD over Oscar whereas Hopkins stopped him and using that to defend your point that Hopkins is above Floyd.

Which again is just ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's pretty clearly a triangle theory.

In so many words you're saying Mayweather got an SD over Oscar whereas Hopkins stopped him and using that to defend your point that Hopkins is above Floyd.

Which again is just ******ed.
              No, it's not. Haters pointed out he believe Corrales to be Floyd's best win. I believe Oscar is Floyd's best win. I simply said B-Hop stopped Oscar as an after thought. That has nothing to do with why I believe B-Hop is greater.

Like I said there was no triangle theory there, period. So the ******ed thinking is yours, sir. For concocting one.

Comment

Many argue BH is above Floyd, but not above Pac though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  No, it's not. Haters pointed out he believe Corrales to be Floyd's best win. I believe Oscar is Floyd's best win. I simply said B-Hop stopped Oscar as an after thought. That has nothing to do with why I believe B-Hop is greater.

Like I said there was no triangle theory there, period. So the ******ed thinking is yours, sir. For concocting one.
                  And why did you say that as an Afterthought? Not to compare the wins?

Why did you highlight it was an SD win as opposed to Hopkins who stopped him?

What was even your point in highlighting these things and comparison of wins? Please tell me.

It's obvious what you were doing and the triangle theory you were presenting.

Comment

he's not ranked over manny pacquiao.

hopkins had an underwhelming run at MW. it was long, but the names just weren't there.

at LHW, he was old, but he still didn't beat great fighters. cloud? pascal? pavlik? a loss to dawson and a loss to calzaghe?

hopkins is a great,, but i don;t have hiim ahead of manny pacquiao. his resume is closer to mayweather. he doesn't have the undefeated record, but he fought more/better guys and for longer.

i'm also waiting for these guys to finish up before i really put them into context with similar tiers of past greats.

ideally, you wait until a fighter has died to really rank them. it's the same with artists.

Comment

short answer yes hopkins is the man

Comment

Working...
                      X