Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Joe Calzaghe actually count these as punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    how heavy is the bag?

moving a bag of that size requires work. he's working out. he's a professional boxer. you've seen him fight, right?
    I didn't say it was or wasn't a good workout. I asked if he believes they are genuine punches? You can read, right? At the end of the video he turns to the camera and says ''that is 9 punches a second''. Do you genuinly believe that is 9 punches per second? That is what I am asking here. Don't be getting side tracked with workouts etc.

Comment

No joke, when I was 15 I started boxing, I didn't know much about boxing so I looked at Joe who had just beaten Lacy. I tried copying the way he threw his punches, wound up slapping my heavy bag with some ****ed up slaps and hurt my wrists. True ****ing story.

Comment

Do you b1tch about speedbags as well?

How about jumpropes? Can we really call that jumping?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Do you b1tch about speedbags as well?

How about jumpropes? Can we really call that jumping?
          As I said above, I am not saying this is or isn't a good workout.

He seems to genuinly believe he is throwing 9 punches a second. He isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
            Had Calzaghe mixed it with the best he wouldn't have been undefeated. He was made to look like an amateur against a 43 year old Hopkins and conceivably lost that fight. Ward spanks any version of him, Dirrell beats him, prime Jones kills him, prime Hopkins takes him. Calzaghe was managed very very well. 35,000 fans paying to watch him box Manfredo? Don't make me laugh.
            Because an old, past his prime Calzaghe decisively beat Kessler, who beat Carl Frotch at his own game in a dog fight, and who everyone now thinks is pretty damn good.

Calzaghe was not a by the book fighter, but he was smart, and he always found a way to adapt.

He threw awkward punches, but he was incredibly fast, and had superior stamina. Very difficult style to face.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              As I said above, I am not saying this is or isn't a good workout.

He seems to genuinly believe he is throwing 9 punches a second. He isn't.
              Lets get a video of you doing it then.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Because an old, past his prime Calzaghe decisively beat Kessler, who beat Carl Frotch at his own game in a dog fight, and who everyone now thinks is pretty damn good.

Calzaghe was not a by the book fighter, but he was smart, and he always found a way to adapt.

He threw awkward punches, but he was incredibly fast, and had superior stamina. Very difficult style to face.
                it doesn't take much energy to fight when you aren't throwing actual punches and just moving your wrists from left to right instead of a proper punch which has a forward and back movement. his punches aren't even legal but hey who cares about the rules. HOPKINS IS DIRTY!

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
                  Had Calzaghe mixed it with the best he wouldn't have been undefeated. He was made to look like an amateur against a 43 year old Hopkins and conceivably lost that fight. Ward spanks any version of him, Dirrell beats him, prime Jones kills him, prime Hopkins takes him. Calzaghe was managed very very well. 35,000 fans paying to watch him box Manfredo? Don't make me laugh.
                  yeah Lacy destroys him, prime Kessler gives him no chance, even the old Hopkins would...oh wait

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Calzaghe was a p.u.s.s.y. at best.

He waited for RJJ and BHOP to lose quite a few steps before he would even put foot in the same arena as them, let alone the same ring.

Both RJJ and BHOP told him years before that he could get it. Joe would have NO PART OF IT.

I'm not saying that Calzaghe doesn't have some skill ... but he would have never beaten RJJ or BHOP in their primes.

I have no doubts about it.

There's a reason why Joe Calzaghe hid out in Europe for all those years .. and it wasn't because he adored his fans!
                  I didn't see those two flying to Europe, plenty of US fighters do. Judah and Bradley won world titles in the UK.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it doesn't take much energy to fight when you aren't throwing actual punches and just moving your wrists from left to right instead of a proper punch which has a forward and back movement. his punches aren't even legal but hey who cares about the rules. HOPKINS IS DIRTY!
                  says the poster who gives PED users and Plasterito a pass...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    yeah Lacy destroys him, prime Kessler gives him no chance, even the old Hopkins would...oh wait

I didn't see those two flying to Europe, plenty of US fighters do. Judah and Bradley won world titles in the UK.

says the poster who gives PED users and Plasterito a pass...
                    calzaghe pretended to be scared of flying and that's why he couldn't come to the usa. imagine if froch pretended to be scared of flying. he would still be fighting the brian magees and robin reids of the world. instead of fighting prime ward he waits until ward turns 43 and finally mans up and beats him by gift decision. great career! where's his pass to the hall of fame?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X