No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Berto vs. Guerrero Discussions Are Heating Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sources: Berto vs. Guerrero Discussions Are Heating Up

Several sources are indicating that discussions are heating up for a welterweight fight between former champion Andre Berto (28-1, 22KOs), and WBC interim-welterweight champion Robert Guerrero (30-1-1, 18KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

I'd take Berto in this fight

Comment

Yes!!!!! I want this fight. It put's the winner in a very very good position.

I think Berto, as long as he's not too effected by the layoff, beats Guerrero by decision.

Comment

Good fight.

I guess the Bundrage vs. Berto talks stalled at some point?

Comment

Guerrero still needs to fill into his WW frame, I'm not sure I'd pick him to beat Berto it all depends I guess. Guerrero has the skills to completely outbox Berto too.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Good fight.

I guess the Bundrage vs. Berto talks stalled at some point?
            If so, I don't see why Canelo has opted to wait 8 months until May to fight again. Why not just fight Bundrage and grab a title over someone currently in the Top 10, and than vacate it if he wants to??? It's a hell of a lot better than sitting for 8 months at 22 years old coming into your early prime possibly.

Anyways, I like Berto-Guerrero. It'll probably be for the vacant WBC title, if Floyd is indeed stripped eventually for not defending it. It puts the winner in a good position for Bradley, Pacquiao, Mayweather, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Guerrero still needs to fill into his WW frame, I'm not sure I'd pick him to beat Berto it all depends I guess. Guerrero has the skills to completely outbox Berto too.

What I'm thinking, Berto just has to make sure he doesn't gas out by the fifth and the lay over hasn't affected him too bad.

Comment

I thought Berto was fighting K9

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  If so, I don't see why Canelo has opted to wait 8 months until May to fight again. Why not just fight Bundrage and grab a title over someone currently in the Top 10, and than vacate it if he wants to??? It's a hell of a lot better than sitting for 8 months at 22 years old coming into your early prime possibly.

Anyways, I like Berto-Guerrero. It'll probably be for the vacant WBC title, if Floyd is indeed stripped eventually for not defending it. It puts the winner in a good position for Bradley, Pacquiao, Mayweather, etc.
                  Because the position of the WBC seems to be opposed to unification by its titleholders. They might be trying to avoid another possible Timothy Bradley situation.

Comment

K9 priced himself out again? LOL this dude needs to lose his title ASAP, one of the worst champions in boxing right now.

Berto/Guerrero would be a good fight. I'd favor Guerrero but Berto could definitely hurt or drop him.

Comment

Working...
                    X