Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Shoots down Lee fight. Are now pushing Sergio Martinez-Sergei Dzinziruk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a DAMN good fight that I'm all in for.

Comment

Please let this happen!!!

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      The middleweights is such an empty division that I'd rather see Martinez defend against the best light middleweights, even welterweights in some cases.
      empty of "name" fighters not talent.

Comment

Great fight! A win over Dzinziruk would be great for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          The middleweights is such an empty division that I'd rather see Martinez defend against the best light middleweights, even welterweights in some cases.
          my point exactly...minus the welterweights...cant see someone like berto hold his own against segio..

his middleweight belt gives them great incentive to fight him because the jmw champs will retain their belt and might win another divisional title...almost a win-win situation

Comment

Make this happen!!!! I will pay whatever PPV they charge to see this. Sergei will KO Sergio.

Comment

Great, now put Cotto-Mayorga in the main event and we have a PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                Great, now put Cotto-Mayorga in the main event and we have a PPV.
                Then have the winners fight great idea.

I would rather see a Cotto vs Dzinziruk unification though since Sergio is MW champ now.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                  Then have the winners fight great idea.

I would rather see a Cotto vs Dzinziruk unification though since Sergio is MW champ now.
                  I agree there's talent at MW, but those guys need to start fighting each other. they don't have the seasoning at this level that Dzindurek does.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    my point exactly...minus the welterweights...cant see someone like berto hold his own against segio..

his middleweight belt gives them great incentive to fight him because the jmw champs will retain their belt and might win another divisional title...almost a win-win situation
                    Some welterweights, as in Pacquiao or Mayweather. The rest wouldn't do any good at 160.

160 has some talent coming up, but putting them against a Sergio Martinez at this stage would be throwing them to the wolves.

Dzinziruk on the other hand has been campaigning at world level for nearly a decade, and deserves the shot as he's getting up there in age by now. Inactivity will ruin his career if this fight doesn't happen.

Comment

danrafaelespn Been hearing after approving Andy Lee, HBO now saying no & is pushing for Sergio Martinez-Sergei Dzinziruk. But $$ an issue on both sides. 48 minutes ago

Comment

Working...
                      X