No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    That's why you follow it and kill all non believers like it tells you to, right?
    Tell me where it says in the New Testament to kill non believers, I'll be waiting.

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    There are no fair explanations though
    If there are no fair explanations then why are you making such a bold statement that God does not exist.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Why is the Bible evidence of God?
    Let me paint a picture for you, when you are at the judgment throne and God asks you, why have you not believed in Me and followed my will?

What will you say?
    Last edited by Enayze; 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Let me paint a picture for you, when you are at the judgment throne and God asks you, why have you not believed in Me and followed my will?

What will you say?
      I will say that I was wrong but what a ****ty thing to disguise himself to all of us and cause so much confusion. Why not give us a sign that your real? Instead of making men write things down in a book that is full of mistakes and vague references.

I will ask why he created the world knowing we would carry original sin and be cursed from day one...doesn't he care for us? Why do I have to carry the burdens of my ancestors, makes no sense and contradicts the idea of "Free Will"

I will ask that if he created everything, why did he create evil? So he could purposely enslave millions of people to an eternal damnation of hell? Is he that sick and sadistic?

The Bible is no more evidence of god, than the Iliad and Odyssey is of Cyclopes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        #1 - The Universe did not flash into existence, who believes that?
        Yes it did, its called the big bang, and just about every reputable scientist believes that.

#2 - There's already been test to show that is possible.
        There has not been any conclusive tests that show how living matter from non living matter is possible. If there was I would like you to provide me with a link that proves what you are saying.

#3 - Just because 99% of people believe in something, doesn't make it true.
        The entire world believed the earth was flat and that wasn't true.
        So I bet you feel like you are one of the few enlightened ones.

#4 - There's no "knawing" what is here is the fact that religious people force
        god down your throats everyday and want you to pay for him, worship
        him and have him make decisions for everyone. That's what is ANNOYING.
        No religious person that i have worked with has ever "forced" God down anyones throat, and I have worked with quite a few. In fact religious people are some of the kindest folk you can meet. However, It's usually people like you who instigate an argument with religious people so that you could post it here on BS and somehow try and show your delusional moral superiority.
        Last edited by Enayze; 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I will say that I was wrong but what a ****ty thing to disguise himself to all of us and cause so much confusion. Why not give us a sign that your real? Instead of making men write things down in a book that is full of mistakes and vague references.

I will ask why he created the world knowing we would carry original sin and be cursed from day one...doesn't he care for us? Why do I have to carry the burdens of my ancestors, makes no sense and contradicts the idea of "Free Will"

I will ask that if he created everything, why did he create evil? So he could purposely enslave millions of people to an eternal damnation of hell? Is he that sick and sadistic?

The Bible is no more evidence of god, than the Iliad and Odyssey is of Cyclopes.

You gave a lot of questions to God, but you are yet to answer the one simple question that was asked of you. Why did you not believe in me and do my will? Can you give a legitimate response instead of posing your own questions to God.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

You are wilfully ignorant of reality.
            Explain exactly to what part of reality am I ignorant to?

Comment

What will you say?
              I'll tell him he should have done a better job at making himself seem likely, then I'll ask him why he waited so long into human history to announce his presence and then made no further attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                I don't know.
                This is the best answer in the entire thread...my :2 cents:.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                  This is the best answer in the entire thread...my :2 cents:.
                  I know exactly what you mean, but how would you reply if I asked you if the Tooth Fairy is real?

I guess I'm just very happy to stick my neck out (although that turn of phrase gives theism too much credit) and say he doesn't exist. Perhaps the thing that gives me the most conviction is the argument from free will. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_free_will

Comment

Here is a verse from Isaiah that might shed some light to your question

"I will punish the world for their evil, -- and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible: -- Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shalt remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of host, and in the day of his fierce anger." (Isaiah 13:11)
                    So you believe God causes earthquakes and tsunami's and famines etc to punish the wicked?
                    That is, God is killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children, the elderly, handicapped, in the most horrific ways to punish other sinful people? And he is a loving perfect God??

Yes, that is true, many more smaller earthquakes are detected, however since the 80's the average strength and death toll of earthquakes has been on an upward trend.
                    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...ear/graphs.php
                    Since the 80's lol

From the same site:

Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?
                    Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.
                    A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications.
                    Really your argument about increasing earthquakes is ridiculous. You are suggesting that man has been sinning more and more? Based on what? You think things were better in the barbaric middle ages, with slavery, torture and barbaric inhumane treatment of women and children?

You have to understand something, saying God did it does not mean you automatically have to stop searching the question of how He did it. What you and many others are doing is completely refusing to acknowledge God as the architect of life. And the more people do find out about God's methods and how complex life and the universe really is, the more they feel that they dont need God and therefore say he doesn't exist. Which to me is mind boggling.
                    Because there is no evidence.
                    The deeper we dig, the more we see that the universe isnt built on magic. No matter what is found, you will always credit God. If you say now life couldnt have come from non-living matter, yet it is proved tomorrow you will still say "God did it".
                    If we understand what caused the big bang, God just recedes further back into the cracks in our knowledge.... again.
                    God is not gaining ground. He doesnt cause lightening, earthquakes, or miraculously heal the sick. This we know.
                    Im sure you can find a tale about someone somewhere being healed, but for me, given all the millions of people crying out for Gods help and not getting it, these few religious tales dont carry much weight.

Again just because you find out by what method God used to create the universe does not disqualify God from existence, in fact it should only enhance His presence. That type of thinking is almost equivalent to discovering every intricacy of microsoft and then proceeding to say Bill Gates was not responsible, or that now Bill Gates does not exist.
                    lol. No it isnt.
                    By what methods did god create the universe? Because so far, God has been 100% absent from all scientific knowledge.

Its more like saying the great wind that blew down my straw house must have been the big bad wolf, because thats what it says in my story book.
                    Last edited by Mud; 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Explain exactly to what part of reality am I ignorant to?
                      The part that isn't the result of the magical whims of a capricious phantasm.

Comment

Working...
                      X