• Show
Clear All

there's longer version

but you can't really read it

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2zyx8wm.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Bought some beats....a while back
      I literally used them for 10 minutes and put them back in their box.
      I actually gave them to my brother 2 days ago after his earphones broke... I exchanged them for a bag of crunch bars.

I've bought acouple dozen different headphones none ever really sounded as good as Skullcandies, the down side is they break very easily which is why
      I'm going to buy some Monster Turbines soon

I have an info chart acouple of Audiophiles made...It list the best headphones in the world and their price ranges....

if anyone is interested i'll post it
      You'll be in for a treat going from skullcandies (yuk) to Turbines, especially if you go for the coppers. If you haven't made your decision final, check out Brainwavz M2, they're extremely good (easily compete with turbines) for their price and don't have the damage issues turbines experience (wires tend to break off)

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        there's longer version

but you can't really read it

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2zyx8wm.jpg
        That's an OKAY list, lots of old/hard to find stuff and the guy who posted this is obviously bias to neutral sounding cans. The guy who did the IEM comparison (the spreadsheet in lower right hand corner) is a good reviewer, however, that list is old and he's at 160+ reviewed IEMs these days.

In his price range they list
        AD700 - gaming headphones, no bass, open design

Grado 125/225i - great ROCK headphones, open design, uncofortable unless you have a square head

Shure 840 - good all around headphones, fairly flat response (will be light on the bass for hip hip/electronica)

Beyerdynamic 770 - hard to drive unless you get the inferior 32ohm version, more bass than 580's but lower quality, also mids more recessed, and less detail all around.
        Last edited by madsweeney; 10-05-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I co-sign the ATH-M50's.

I had a pair, but the plug got stuck in my laptop. I soldered 'em but they broke again.

Picked up the ATH-PRO700MK2's.

They're not necessarily monitors, but they're pretty fun, especially because I listen to mostly hip-hop, trip-hop etc., genres on the bass-heavy side.

They have detachable cables which is nice.

Retail is $230, but you should be able to find 'em for about $150-160.

Comment

I also had the Denon AHC710, but preferred the lower-end model. The highs seemed really harsh on the AHC710. I have the Shure SE115K's, now.

They're decent.

Comment

Working...
            X