No announcement yet.

For the Life of Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    GGG is a middleweight he is 5'10" makes his weight easily and rehydrates 9 to 11 pounds with a day before weighin.

Ward does the same at 168 but will weigh 180-183 while GGG is at 172.
    Ten pounds is where boxing separates classes. Why should the Middleweight Champion give weight to a "junior class division" title holder? Let Ward go to 160!!!

Hence my idea for a 164 lbs half way meeting. Plus a 10 round fight to guarantee a fight from the first bell. The belts get in the way of all the best matches, screw the federations.
    Keep in mind that Golovkin has said he'd go to 168 for a Chavez Jr fight. If he's willing to go to that weight class then why not go there for Ward as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Keep in mind that Golovkin has said he'd go to 168 for a Chavez Jr fight. If he's willing to go to that weight class then why not go there for Ward as well?
      Great point ^^^

Maybe the most intriguing "boxing" match out there... I lean towards Ward, because of level of competition.

However, inactivity isn't a good thing.

I don't think this fight will happen for two reasons and it has nothing to do with the fighters... GGG's promoters haven't drained the well enough and will stay down to win at least three easier fights unless Chavez JR and Cotto become available.

Ward has promoter issues - period. He has been the most vocal about fighting GGG - Seems very confident.

GGG on the other hand doesn't seem to mention Ward enough for people to actually think he wants the fight at this time.

Mo

Comment

Working...
      X