No announcement yet.

Did Erik Morales Beat Marcos Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
    Lol, how in the **** is the poll this close? Morales barely did anything that fight. If you want a true example of guy doing better then he is suppose to and the fans going overboard then watch that fight. Sorry, but you don't win fights by throwing one flurry a rd.

Let's not forget Morales gave Garcia an even tougher fight 1 year later. Schooled Cano before that. A guy Malignaggi truly lost to.
    Did you see the fight? Morales landed a lot more than a single flurry per round, he was surprisingly active in that fight and backed Maidana up several times with a variety of shots and counters.

It wasn't just fans who thought it was very close - one official judge scored it a draw and some of the TV commentators said it was razor-close and difficult to score. Maybe you're thinking of a different fight? Morales vs Maidana was a close one.

Comment

Morales might have lost the "decision", but he reminded everyone that counted him out what a fu(K!nG beast he is & what a true champion fights like. VIVA EL TERRIBLE!!! They don't make them like Morales anymore.

Comment

Morales didn't win, but imagine what would have happened if his eye didn't close completely shut in the first round.

There were moments in the fight where he took Maidana to church. He did what he did with 1 eye.

Maidana was a beast like always though. He threw 1000 punches in that fight.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

chino won fairly.

he just didn't fight well, he again showed his limitations, and morales showed his quality by performing that well at that stage in his career.

Comment

As much as I love El Terrible, I don't think he won the fight. It's been years since I saw the fight. From what I remember I think Maidana won by a couple of points. I think he did way better than people expected, so maybe that's why people thought the fight could have gone his way, and add that he only had one good eye.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Morales fought Maidana in 2011, 5 months after Maidana had just been soundly beaten by Khan. Morales was a huge underdog in that fight, people were saying he was too old and past his prime to survive Maidana but instead Morales put on a virtuoso performance, outboxing Maidana in many of the rounds.

The fight went to scorecards and Maidana was awarded a Majority Decision - two judges scored the fight for him while another judge had it as a draw. It was a close fight, Maidana definitely had his moments too although at times he looked overwhelmed by an old Morales who was fighting with only one good eye since his other eye was swollen and shut from round 3 onwards. I had that fight as a draw 114-114, 6 rounds a piece. Who do you have winning that one?
              I had Maidana winning the fight against Morales. And i had Morales winning the fight against Pac. Oh, everyone had morales winning the fight against Pac.

Comment

Maidana won by two points in my opinion. Good fight that I thought would mark the end of Erik Morales's career.

Comment

Watched the fight again last night; Morales got into the fight starting about round three, but lost what lead he might have had in the final rounds. Maidana went super saiyan up in that *****.

Maidana did hit a lot of air, but he also hit Morales with loads more power shots than Morales hit him with. It was all volume. Morales earned rounds by Maidana slowing a bit and getting countered because he stopped swarming Erik. Those uppercuts and hooks were still powerful from Morales, but Maidana took em like he was on crystal meth.

The right man won in my opinion, we're just inclined to score a little more for Morales because he did so much better than we thought.

When the card aired, I watched all the opening bouts, but turned my stream off and went out after round one of Morales-Maidana. I was not trying to see Eriks faded ass take a beating. Then my phone started blowing up about the fight. Had to come home and download that **** at like 1am. War Morales.
                  Last edited by paulf; 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    another fan of amir that is still sore that he didn't get the fight. close fight, especially since everyone expected him to blast morales easy, but he won
                    So if we criticize Maidana for that pathetic performance we are sore for not getting Mayweather?

But when you and other Chino fans find reasons to diss Khan for things like his birth date of all things, i think its safe to assume you are still sore over Khan-Maidana.

Comment

Morales fought a great fight and won some rounds, but I scored it for Maidana, 7-5. Extremely entertaining and close fight but Maidana did enough to win..

Comment

Working...
                      X