Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake Metacritic score 84!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still gonna buy it. Though, what pisses me off is that they said the game would be episodic but they are still selling the game for the full price. I don't know if the content will come through dlc or you'll have to buy the next chapter/episode as a boxed copy. The latter would piss me off.

Anyway may will be a great month for gaming.

My planned buys are:

Lost planet 2
    Alan Wake
    Red Dead Redemption
    Ufc undisputed 2010
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 05-06-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      You'd be stupid to buy a console just for one game, and a 10 hours game at that. With no replayability.

It's might be good, but it's not worth $150
      But he could also buy Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and also Bioshock.. yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        But he could also buy Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and also Bioshock.. yeah.
        He implied he wanted a 360 for Alan Wake, I own both Mass Effects and Bioshock games, Mass effect 2 was especially good, Bioshock 2 was little disappointing. I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 the most of any RPG this year.

Comment

only a 8.0 on IGN

Comment

Originally posted by Kia-Ora View Post
            only a 8.0 on IGN
            wow thats phail right there....ign gives out nines like theyre candy

Comment

I think this game should get a 0/10, it looks crap

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I was reading some of the reviews on Silent Hill 2 (which managed a few 100% scores) and the reviews panned things like the story and the pace. Like I say it's a genre that you either love or hate, and a lot of people hate it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are not really survival horror, they're more action-adventure in a horror setting. Action-adventures will receive higher scores in general.

I'm looking forward to Alan Wake, may pick it up early on. My biggest concern is that it is supposed to be a 10 hour game. Not much to it then.

This is true, SH2 had a couple perfect scores. It's known by many to be the scariest game of all time. It is indeed a ****ing masterpiece, if you ask me. Resident Evil 4 had a new setting and style that made it survivor horror by default. Amazing game though, better than RE5.

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                Still gonna buy it. Though, what pisses me off is that they said the game would be episodic but they are still selling the game for the full price. I don't know if the content will come through dlc or you'll have to buy the next chapter/episode as a boxed copy. The latter would piss me off.

Anyway may will be a great month for gaming.

My planned buys are:

Lost planet 2
                Alan Wake
                Red Dead Redemption
                Ufc undisputed 2010

Great list, but I would be cautious about Lost Planet 2, i've heard terrible things. I would never throw 60 on that. But I heard the cool mods it has set up for multi-player are nice. And the demo was alright.

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                He implied he wanted a 360 for Alan Wake, I own both Mass Effects and Bioshock games, Mass effect 2 was especially good, Bioshock 2 was little disappointing. I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 the most of any RPG this year.
                IMO, Mass Effect 2 is worth getting a 360 for. It's the best the 360 has in my opinion, it owns halo 3.

regardless I think people should still atleast rent Alan Wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                  This is true, SH2 had a couple perfect scores. It's known by many to be the scariest game of all time. It is indeed a ****ing masterpiece, if you ask me. Resident Evil 4 had a new setting and style that made it survivor horror by default. Amazing game though, better than RE5.

Great list, but I would be cautious about Lost Planet 2, i've heard terrible things. I would never throw 60 on that. But I heard the cool mods it has set up for multi-player are nice. And the demo was alright.

IMO, Mass Effect 2 is worth getting a 360 for. It's the best the 360 has in my opinion, it owns halo 3.

regardless I think people should still atleast rent Alan Wake.
                  That's my plan, I'll rent it when it's out.

Comment

Game looks awesome. I think I'm gonna get this one

Comment

gonna buy this shizzle tomoz.

got myself a 360 for 35 quid

Comment

Working...
                      X