No announcement yet.

Are You Proud Of Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Proud Of Mike Tyson?

You have to be happy for our boy Mike. He has starred in a big comedy movie; The Hangover. He is making another appearance on WWE as a host this time. You can find him on night shows like Conan Obrien. This just shows that America loves Mike and this is a great country for second and third chances.

Deep thoughts.

Not gonna lie, I love seeing Mike try and turn his life around and I love hearing about positive steps towards this goal. I root for Mike like he is a distant cousin.

Unfortunately, I can never really be proud of him because of the 20 year stretch in which he was basically a monster.

Comment

'Proud' is an odd word to describe how a fan might feel about Mike Tyson. Pride is what a family member, close friend or guardian ( as Cus D'Amato was ) might feel. I'm sure Cus would be proud of many of Mike's accomplishments and less impressed by others. Mike has made many mistakes, but he cant be judged by a normal person's standards having the life he has had.

I am pleased that he is finding work outside of boxing and is able to support his family. If he trained off some of his excess weight and regained his physique I'm sure he would find more tough guy movie roles. He wouldn't have to get 'fight fit'. But a regular weights regime, some cardio and amendments to his diet could be quite lucrative for him.

It would be great to see him as a boxing trainer with some peak a boo hopeful also.

Comment

I dunno if Im proud of him, but Im still rooting for him. I feel kinda sad everytime he takes a step backwards and good when he does something positive. I got a lot of friends like that who are trying hard not to fuck up and Im kinda like that myself.

Comment

Mikes my favourite boxer during his 1985-1988 time period, when he was with rooney

but after that i dont look back on, i never watch any fight videos or any thing

hes my favourite boxer because of those years but nothing else

Im happy whats hes doing now but what he had become after douglas fight was sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            'Proud' is an odd word to describe how a fan might feel about Mike Tyson. Pride is what a family member, close friend or guardian ( as Cus D'Amato was ) might feel. I'm sure Cus would be proud of many of Mike's accomplishments and less impressed by others. Mike has made many mistakes, but he cant be judged by a normal person's standards having the life he has had.

I am pleased that he is finding work outside of boxing and is able to support his family. If he trained off some of his excess weight and regained his physique I'm sure he would find more tough guy movie roles. He wouldn't have to get 'fight fit'. But a regular weights regime, some cardio and amendments to his diet could be quite lucrative for him.

It would be great to see him as a boxing trainer with some peak a boo hopeful also.
            He had a solid career.the heavyweight division has no mercy though when its competitive. He would be a great trainer as well. There's a lot of prospects in asia that mirror his style more so than the orthodox style. I think he would have good trainer/fighter chemistry with one of these lower weight prospects.

Comment

I hope he continues to do well, even in recent time he has gone through a lot, especially with the death of his daughter and that incident at the airport.

He was always a marketing phenomenon though, so it doesn't surprise me that America wants to see the aftermath of boxing's most troubled and controversial figure.

Comment

yes..im very glad that mike seems to finally be happy...war mike

Comment

Yea I was upset when Douglas defeated Mike. But now that I look back. Tyson fought the big boys without complaining. He had heart.
                  Maybe he couldve used a good manager to cherry pick once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X