Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Martin Murray Outlands Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's difficult to see how Martinez "Won" this fight, this is the 2nd decision that I think Murray has been denied outside of the UK. It's just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by JED46 View Post
      At the very most, one could give Sergio 1-4, 11, and 12. With a knockdown, that's a loss for Sergio. No way he won more than six rounds (more like four or five.)
      You're saying no case can be made for giving Sergio the 7th? Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        I don't remember the 7th. I remember thinking that Murray swept rounds 5-10, and even rounds 3, 4, and 12 were close. Only 1, 2, and 11 were decisive Sergio rounds. One would have to bend over backwards to give Sergio six rounds. Five would be fair.

Comment

Just watching this fight now.

Boy, Martinez was acting like a complete prick in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JED46 View Post
            I've also enjoyed watching Sergio over the years, he's been one of my favorites. But he was very lucky he wasn't in the ring with Golovkin Saturday night. Golovkin is so much more dynamic on offense than Murray.
            Definitely, I agree.

Comment

I though Murray won, I thought the Low Blow call was complete BS, Martinez was hurt by a Body Shot and was given time to recover because the ref called if a Low Blow, then he was Robbed of a Knock Down

Overall the fight was Close so I won't scream "ROBBERY" but I thought Murray WON!

Murray deserves a lot of credit, Murray actually have fast hands, he was much quicker then I think even Martinez expected, he kept his hands down and Murray used the Jab and just walked him down...fought the perfect fight for Martinez style!

Comment

Murray done great, but you can make a case that he let that slip in the last two rounds.

The punch stats don't tell the story because Murray landed a lot of those in the mid-rounds when he was pretty much kicking Martinez's teeth in.

Unlucky Murray.

He has probably put himself ahead of the other Brits. I would love to see him and JCC jr get it on. He has good size himself so it would be a war.

Comment

I think you can make a very good case Murray won, but like Trout he didn't do enough, especially late, to get a win over a favorite in his hometown/in front of an extremely partisan crowd. Just like Trout he knew that post fight. He knows that to get that type of win in front of that type of crowd you have to decisively win the fight, and he didn't. He won my respect though and I sure hope to see him again soon, maybe against the Macklin-GGG winner.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    If you watch the fight and carefully score it rounds by round, you'll see that Sergio clearly won round 7. In fact, he won rounds 1,2,3,,4,7,11,12 while Murray clearly won rounds 6, 8, and 10. Rounds 5 and 9 were toss ups.

Comment

Wow compubox don't mean **** a guy coul land 1000 punches in round and come out with more punches landed in that case if Murray couldn't whoop a guys ass with a broken Hand and knee he doesn't deserve to win Martinez won fair and square cant stand all you bias ass boxing fans just cuz you hate on a boxer and it a closet fight then why people anticipated he lost just shut up and rewatch the fight over and over and over until your stupid little brain comes out with the right answer you guys are ****in idiots.

Comment

Working...
                      X