Collapse
No announcement yet.

Researchers: Internet trolls are ‘everyday sadists’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they live and flourish here at Boxingscene....

Comment

Hello 4chan.

Comment

I think he makes some good arguments but I think a lot of it is done because of the anonymity of it all.

If people were forced to post their real names, real picture on the threads or posts they make, we wouldn't see much trolling.

I think more than sadism, it is cowardice. I read people on twitter that say horrible things, that we know would never say those things in person.

The anonymity of the internet has created a generation of cowards, where they can say what they want, when they want with no consequences.

It might be fun in certain regards when it's harmless badgering, but when you hear of people being trolled when someone is murdered or raped or something horrible has happened, it's just pure cowardice.

Comment

For every intelligent troll, there are like five people who get busted out for having stupid opinions and go "hurr I was just trolling" and ten people who are just so stupid they look like trolls while actually being sincere.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            And they live and flourish here at Boxingscene....
            I think some of them post in full gimp suits wearing nipple clamps.

Comment

What they're talking about are the really dark ****ed in the head trolls, not a harmless boxingscene type troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                I have a strange feeling that whoever wrote this article has himself been trolled pretty hard. In any case journalists are probably some of the most notoriously subtle trolls of all. For that matter, CNN, Fox, or any other major news outlet is a troll headquarters for the opposing party.
                lol FoxTroll HQ. Someone like Bill O'Reilly is undoubtedly a troll, you can see the troll in him when he makes his controversial statements - and he gets paid for it!

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                It might be fun in certain regards when it's harmless badgering, but when you hear of people being trolled when someone is murdered or raped or something horrible has happened, it's just pure cowardice.
                Originally posted by Chris Collins View Post
                What they're talking about are the really dark ****ed in the head trolls, not a harmless boxingscene type troll.
                Yeah, that's not trolling, that's malicious bullying. The term has been hijacked by the mainstream media.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  At least they ain't shootin up schools.

Comment

in lulz we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      I think he makes some good arguments but I think a lot of it is done because of the anonymity of it all.

If people were forced to post their real names, real picture on the threads or posts they make, we wouldn't see much trolling.

I think more than sadism, it is cowardice. I read people on twitter that say horrible things, that we know would never say those things in person.

The anonymity of the internet has created a generation of cowards, where they can say what they want, when they want with no consequences.

Your an mf'er on twitter bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X