• Rumble Johnson vs. Gus.

How do you see that fight going?

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    How do you see that fight going?
    Lots of punching, I guess.

Comment

Awesomely.

Comment

Gus is more technical, faster and has the chin to withstand Johnson's hits. I also don't see Rumble taking him down and if he does, it won't take long before they're back on their feet.

Comment

Gus is too fast and Rumble would have some serious problem with Gus movements and workrate. Gus by UD or late KO.

Comment

The thing is nobody has even hit Gus like Rumble could. Hes faced big punchers but outboxed them all easily. Jones isnt a big puncher he finishes people with volume and that was really the only time Jones and Gus have been in a serious war.

People keep saying Gus is too fast but Rumble is a lot faster then Shogun, Thiago, and Minuwa. Anytime Davis even thought about taking Rumble down AJ already had it defended.

Technically Gus has the edge but power wise AJ might be P4P one of the hardest hitters in the sport. He had Arlovski out on queer street. Speed I dont think is that much different. I cant pick right now as I want to see AJ Iin with another top 10 guy like the winner of Cormier-Hendo.

Comment

i think rumble has a hard time getting past the reach and land something significant. the mauler probably beats him on points, cant count rumble out though, he has so much power and he knows how to set it up. being shorter and slower generally doesnt work out though especially against cagey defensive guys like gus.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                Gus is more technical, faster and has the chin to withstand Johnson's hits. I also don't see Rumble taking him down and if he does, it won't take long before they're back on their feet.
                I was following you until you said chin. So far, the only time Gus's chin has been tested was against Jones IIRC, and Jones is not that hard of a puncher. He's a technical striker, so it would be interesting to see how Gus would react to the elite kickboxing Johnson has.

In reply to OP, Gus takes a decision by keeping Rumble on the outside with his length and constant striking. Gus is far from a pitter patter puncher, but he isn't exactly a world-beater either, so I don't see him putting Johnson out. And Johnson's wrestling pedigree would keep this fight on the feet. This fight would probably be very boring if Gus plays it the way I imagine he would.

Comment

^You are forgetting about the elbows and headkicks Jones landed, some of which were brutal. It's pretty clear that Gus has an iron chin.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                    Technically Gus has the edge but power wise AJ might be P4P one of the hardest hitters in the sport. He had Arlovski out on queer street. Speed I dont think is that much different. I cant pick right now as I want to see AJ Iin with another top 10 guy like the winner of Cormier-Hendo.
                    I agree with basically everything you said but this just made me laugh. Dropping a fading Arlovski isn't that big of an accomplishment, dude's got a China chin and Rumble couldnt even put him away.
                    Last edited by Dixie Normis; 05-15-2014, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X