Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is why two grown men shouldn't be kicking each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    There is some history here folks: I don't imagine anyone is interested but briefly in case there is an interest,

What we call "karate" in most tournament situations is in reality "kickboxing." Though well intentioned kick boxing destroyed Karate and screwed with boxing and Muy Thai. Traditional Karate is done with no bouncing whatsoever. It is not spectator friendly, is not pretty, etc. Kickboxing took bad boxing and added kicks. Interesting thing about Ju jitsu is that despite the Gracies claims there has never been a match pitting a Gracie against a professionally licensed Muy Thai fighter. Muy Thai actually comes from an older Southeast Asian Art Krabi Kabong and to some extent...Bando...Both full fledged combat arts.

I have seen no Gracie match against a person doing karate the way it was intended to be practiced....Most of what goes for Karate is kickboxing.

So when people talk about MMA being spectator friendly....MMA is designed for spectators, don't kid yourselves!

Oh and regarding the kick? A real pet peeve of mine, that kick should be done with the leg parallel to the ground, like a dog peeing! it should be directed towards the large muscles of the upper leg, preferably to the side where there are nerve areas close to the bone (you can feel them on your leg if you put your fingers into the side of your leg between the front and back just down from the hips. NOBODY but a Thai boxer has any business doing that kick to the shin areas! What did he think was going to happen?
    I dont know man. These pro fighters that spend their entire lives doing this sht know nothing about fighting compared to anonymous forum posters.
    I think you should look up Silva's phone number, give him a call and explain him how to fight. If Anderson Silva knew half of what you know about fighting he never would have broken his leg like that in the first place.

Comment

I love boxing and I box amateurs. But like watching top level MMA too. I don't get the hate? Combat sports are the ****. I'd watch MMA over NBA, NFL, ****in Baseball, NHL anyday of the week.

Some of ya'll have no idea how tough some of those guys are. I train with several MMA fighters in my gym and I can tell you that I would not want to mess with some of those dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        no kidding
        Doesn't even look ****ing real. What an awful sight.

Comment

Floyd's skinny legs would get broken too.

Comment

I'd rather get bored to death by a Klitschko fight than watch two men kick each other and roll around with their legs wrapped around each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              Floyd's skinny legs would get broken too.
              [IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/2/2/4/3/22438/1/L/L/N/1LLNe/6uh7hVl.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Bunch of mma haters,,,, who cares

at least silva fought the undefeated youngster

are we going to get

Floyd-bradley
                floyd-manny

or are we gonna see boxing's biggest star vs a damaged goods fighter who hasnt won a big fight in years,,,,

I like mma and respect it, i love boxing, but to hate on mma just makes you sound like a bunch of gossip queens.......

whether you like it or not,, UFC gives a superior product in terms of matchups...

Their champs are legit champs, and only fight top contenders, no cherry picks

Boxing as a sport is a pathetic joke
                you just contradicted yourself

Comment

Anderson Silva is a damn legend and the best UFC fighter EVER...he is 38 damn years old and had a freak accident...fighters hit each other and break hands all the time....show some damn respect

Comment

Working...
                  X