Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come the Kronk gym in the United States is so famous?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come the Kronk gym in the United States is so famous?

It doesn't even exist.

http://kronkgym.com/
    it does exist, Emmanuel Steward trains there. Hearns was trained there, McCllelan was trained there along with alot of other ATG world champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      http://kronkgym.com/
      it does exist, Emmanuel Steward trains there. Hearns was trained there, McCllelan was trained there along with alot of other ATG world champs.
      Been dead since 2006.

Comment

Those dead guys in that gym would fuk u up pretty easy

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
          Those dead guys in that gym would fuk u up pretty easy
          Not a chance. If it was still in operation Id swing down to the gym and tko all of em. Steward would get it too.

Comment

Heres a list of fighters trained at Krock Gym. Hilmer Kenty, Milton McCrory, Thomas Hearns, Jimmy Paul, Gerald McClellan, John David Jackson, Micheal Moorer, Dennis Andries, Leeonzer Barber, Duane Thomas, Mark Breland, Leon Spinks, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Andy lee, Johnothan Banks.

Fighters who have trained at the Kronk Gym temporarily Wlad Klitchko, Kermit Cintron, Jermain Taylor, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Oscar De La Hoya, Vitali Klitchko, Oliver McCall, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Naseem Hamed, Alexis Arguello, Mike McCallum

Comment

Really Closed? Was it anything to do with the Water Supply being cut off? Surely Steward would have been able to pay it off.

Comment

Really Closed? Was it anything to do with the Water Supply being cut off? Surely Steward would have been able to pay it off.
                Not really sure why it closed. I remember it being a big deal though here in Detroit. I've been to the kronk gym a few times just to check it out and I liked it. It wasn't really kept up but thats kinda why I liked it. It was pretty darn cheap to train at too.

Comment

Originally posted by checkmania View Post
                  Not really sure why it closed. I remember it being a big deal though here in Detroit. I've been to the kronk gym a few times just to check it out and I liked it. It wasn't really kept up but thats kinda why I liked it. It was pretty darn cheap to train at too.
                  Kronk was a city owned REC center that happened to have a guy there who trained fighters named Manny Steward.

Mayor Kwame "Stupid Ghetto Brotha" Kilpatrick closed it for budget reasons in 2006.... really he was hoping that Steward would just pay up and take it off the city's books

The Kronk Gym is now in Dearborn. Kronk fighters didnt just cease to exist.

Comment

Heres a list of fighters trained at Krock Gym. Hilmer Kenty, Milton McCrory, Thomas Hearns, Jimmy Paul, Gerald McClellan, John David Jackson, Micheal Moorer, Dennis Andries, Leeonzer Barber, Duane Thomas, Mark Breland, Leon Spinks, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Andy lee, Johnothan Banks.

Fighters who have trained at the Kronk Gym temporarily Wlad Klitchko, Kermit Cintron, Jermain Taylor, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Oscar De La Hoya, Vitali Klitchko, Oliver McCall, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Naseem Hamed, Alexis Arguello, Mike McCallum
                    I cant believe a stable so famous can be so broke at the same time..
                    If each one of those mentioned just dropped a little cash into the pot
                    the place would be booming

Comment

Working...
                    X