No announcement yet.

Mosley will face Cintron Feb. 10th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellraiser3816 View Post
    KERMIT HAS NO POWER , Man he gets wopped of that lilly pad back in to the pond of never was & has been LAND, 5Th round SToppage by The SUGAR SHANE MAN
    Have you been hiding a rock or something ?
    Kermit is a known power puncher.

Comment

I love it..though i would have loved to see shane vs Paul williams (if an old out of shape shamba ,as small as he is, was able to connect flush on williams and get inside-great boxers with good power like shane have a great shot at beating him,he just tall + reach thats it really). I am excited about this one. I still thik Cintron only relies on his power to much and isnt good enough to beat shane.

Shane by TKO5-7 rounds.

Comment

So, guys, is this one just a race against the clock? To see if Mosley can knock Cintron out before the 5th? That's when Margarito stopped him. I've been hearing quite a bit that Margarito fights nobodies...but this is a good match-up for shane? Well, then, I'm going to remember the positive reaction this fight got and assume that everyone here gives Margarito credit for beating a solid, good fighter (not even a Margarito fan, either).

Every arguement I hear against Margarito has to do with his quality of opposition...this fight wasn't good enough to get Antonio credit but it's good for an ex-champ in multiple weight classes and possible future HOF candidate? That confuses me, honestly.

I only see this as a solid fight against a live opponent with power...but power does not equate to skill and Mosley could fight a more slick, technical fighter than this. All I see is a race against Margarito's record to see if Mosley can oust Kermit before Margarito did.

If he doesn't...now Margarito fans will have an another arguement for their boy, too.

Comment

Shanes last two fights have been at 154 against a vargas who just doenst have it anymore so i don't even factor those fights in really.

His last two fights at 147 were against Cruz and Estrada and he didn't impress at all, he looked like a confused fighter scared to let his go and was the farthest thing from fluid. If Cintron utilizes his natural tools in this fight it can be a frustrating night for Mosley. Shane will need great footwork, head movement be able to get inside and do serious damage and we all saw estrada rock kermit repeatedly so im curious to see how this one plays out

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
            So, guys, is this one just a race against the clock? To see if Mosley can knock Cintron out before the 5th? That's when Margarito stopped him. I've been hearing quite a bit that Margarito fights nobodies...but this is a good match-up for shane? Well, then, I'm going to remember the positive reaction this fight got and assume that everyone here gives Margarito credit for beating a solid, good fighter (not even a Margarito fan, either).

Every arguement I hear against Margarito has to do with his quality of opposition...this fight wasn't good enough to get Antonio credit but it's good for an ex-champ in multiple weight classes and possible future HOF candidate? That confuses me, honestly.

I only see this as a solid fight against a live opponent with power...but power does not equate to skill and Mosley could fight a more slick, technical fighter than this. All I see is a race against Margarito's record to see if Mosley can oust Kermit before Margarito did.

If he doesn't...now Margarito fans will have an another arguement for their boy, too.
            Hmmm, so in other words Forrest was the more skilled boxer when he met Shane? I don't know, I saw Forrest earned Shane's respect with a couple hard shots that threw Shane off of his game plan. Plus the fight is at 47, when was his last good win at 47? I mean over a hard puncher like Cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
              Hmmm, so in other words Forrest was the more skilled boxer when he met Shane? I don't know, I saw Forrest earned Shane's respect with a couple hard shots that threw Shane off of his game plan. Plus the fight is at 47, when was his last good win at 47? I mean over a hard puncher like Cintron.
              My point is that Margarito, who throws wild punches, who is not known for his amazing inherent technical ability was able to drop Cintron by the 5th. That means that Kermit's 'D' is lacking...and Shane packs a punch, too. I've seen Cintron in several fights and, honestly, I don't see the point. As I said..Margarito did it in '5'. To me this is just a race to see how quickly Shane can do it....unless he's really that far gone. Margarito got no credit for his KO over Kermit...why will Mosley be applauded for a win?

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                Shane last fight at 147 wasnt impressive and he went to 154 and fought a washed up Vargas and won twice by KO made him look good.

but Cintron IMO is going to KO him.
                Shane's last fight at 147 he dominated Estrada; Cintron had a war with the same Estrada

Comment

Margarito didnt get credit at the time as Cintron was untested. Also because Maragrito came through so easily it kinda took some of the shine off, you know what I mean? But it is now looking a better win given Cintron's form afterwards. I think the reason people get on Margarito's case so much is because of the whole 'most feared man in boxing' thing. He clearly isnt and there's no reason he should be. He's a good fighter, and the Cintron win was a really good one and looking better now. Hey, if he beats Shane maybe there'll be a rematch? Whatever, the winner should fight Margarito IMO - although that's not gonna happen if its Shane, obviously, cos of the Top Rank/Golden Boy bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                    My point is that Margarito, who throws wild punches, who is not known for his amazing inherent technical ability was able to drop Cintron by the 5th. That means that Kermit's 'D' is lacking...and Shane packs a punch, too. I've seen Cintron in several fights and, honestly, I don't see the point. As I said..Margarito did it in '5'. To me this is just a race to see how quickly Shane can do it....unless he's really that far gone. Margarito got no credit for his KO over Kermit...why will Mosley be applauded for a win?
                    Can't disagree there, but Cintron is still learning to box and under one of the best trainers, he keeps improving himself with every fight and is building his confidence again. ON the other hand Shane isn't getting any younger and is coming back down to 47 where we can only wonder if he will be able to have enough power to keep Cintron's right hand off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
                      Shane's last fight at 147 he dominated Estrada; Cintron had a war with the same Estrada
                      Dominated Estrada? Not sure if me and you saw the same fight, I saw a close fight and Estrada turning it on in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X