No announcement yet.

wrapping hands...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrapping hands...

I saw this picture of Tito the other day [ http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67039 ]and was wondering what he has under his wraps/guaze? it kinda looks like a sponge or something, anyone got any ideas on what it is ?

They look pretty damn solid, and look like he could go crazy on the heavy bag and not have any problems with his hands.

Where can i learn to wrap like that so i can hit the heavy bag without bring up old injuries?

im curious too. both of my hands are killing me right now... what ever it is that hold my points fingers and the bones under them to the rest of my knuckles is ripped.. so basically whenever i grab something it hurts like ****. and im having arthritis and ****..

Comment

I thought more people would have replied...

Comment

here's another reply

Comment

everyone doews something different...i started using toilet paper cause of shane mosley..works liek a charm...

Comment

I don't know but it looks like a good way of wraping up.

Comment

I want to know too, the wrap looks real good.

Comment

quick question...i have a heavybag at home and I just use the evergel handwraps(the yellow velcro strap-ons) under my 16oz training gloves...would these in any way promote improper technique? Also, I wear jordan trunners because they are very easy to just slip on and velcro..they obviously arent as tight as completely lacing up boxing shoes...would these 2 factors affect my performance or technique? btw, I am a beginner training at home and aspiring to move to the city soon where there is boxing gyms...THANKS!

Comment

Its a sponge or something similar under his wraps. Its used for extra protection of the fighters hands. No use hurting your hands in training when youll need them for the fight.

What wraps you have under your gloves when working the bags will in no way affect your technique. Either your throwing and landing the shots properly or your not. If you have your hand open or wrist cocked when throwing punches what you have for wraps is not going to matter much. Youll end up hurting yourself. Wraps and such do not make a difference between getting injured or not if you do not follow the proper techniques of punching.

Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                  X