No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...
    He looks great against those bums and old fighter. Wish he would put his skills to the test against an elite, young fighter at WW that would test his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      I figured the real question is Which guy is Floyd Mayweather? The guy who cntradicts himself all the time and seems to make excuses to DUCK other fighters. The guy who CHERRY picks smaller opponents and refuses to fight true WW men that are in his division? Or the guy in the highlight video who seems to be unbeatable and the best of our era?....Lefty
      U a lil off on your chronological order. the 8M $$$ offer didn't come til after the Judah fight and negotiations between Baldmoir where taking place or starting.

Also, remember this is when floyd was making moves to leave Arum. It was rumored that options were included in that 8 milli offer as well.

Comment

now all he fights is bums and old fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by noname007 View Post
          that sums it up right there......... i remember him saying that marquez will bring in more fans than cotto, mosley, etc and thats why he chose to fight him.......... after the numbers were released and the comparison were made all of a sudden marquez has no fans. perfect example
          That is not true either. what he said was that marquez would bring in more fans than Mosley and statiscally he is right. marquez fights on PPV, Mosley does not and i assume for a reason.

Cotto was already scheduled to fight Clottey so a fight wasn't feasible between the 2 at the signing of Floyd/JMM.

Comment

Even though he may or may not have been able to beat Cotto, Margarito, Clottey and Pacquiao easily due to the stylistic match up people still wanted to see him fight those fighters and instead he gaves us Bladomir, Marquez and Hatton. Even though I persoanlly thought Hatton had a chance if you look back at that fight people would have rather have seen Floyd take on Cotto or Margarito at that time....Lefty
            Only fight I had a problem with was the Hatton fight...I wudda rather see him fight Cotto at 147...

It was either Baldomir or Margarito...Baldomir was the fresher name at the time(2 wins where he was the underdog) and he got paid the same amount for the fight...Marquez got screwed but that was a tuneup...

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            He looks great against those bums and old fighter. Wish he would put his skills to the test against an elite, young fighter at WW that would test his skills.
            Well he did fight elite fighters at 130-140 but like other fighters before him once he tasted those huge paydays what the hell would he wanna fight more than twice a year when he can make $10-25 million in a night...just like his pal De La Hoya...

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350136

Comment

No rightnow I am not bored with this subject. Listen to my show and read threads where I get burned for being a *****. I am not a APCTARD ethier...BTW has Cotto announced his next opponent yet?....Lefty

Comment

dont kno... i dont swing from sacs, i just like the sig cuz i happen to be PRICAN.....

Comment

I respect the skill set he has my man. I think he can box head to head with anyone in his weight class at anytime period in boxing. The problem is he never gets in the ring with anyone people really want to see him fight. Even though he may or may not have been able to beat Cotto, Margarito, Clottey and Pacquiao easily due to the stylistic match up people still wanted to see him fight those fighters and instead he gaves us Bladomir, Marquez and Hatton. Even though I persoanlly thought Hatton had a chance if you look back at that fight people would have rather have seen Floyd take on Cotto or Margarito at that time....Lefty
                    Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                    I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...
                    Originally posted by street bully View Post

You cant claim you are the greatest of all time when the best name on your resume is diego corrales, jose luis castillo, & ricky hatton. You just cant do that & EXPECT PEOPLE, FANS, JOURNALIST TO ACCEPT IT & when we call you out on it GET MAD & CLAIM WE ARE JUST HATING.

You cant claim you are better than leonard, duran, ray robinson because you are undefeated & EXPECT PEOPLE TO ACCEPT IT. You just cant. Zolt Erdai is undefeated. Julio Cesar Chavez jr. is undefeated. Joe Calzaghe is undefeated.

All boxers in the top level are have great skill. Anybody can look great & unbeatable when they are facing fighters not on the same level.

TRUE GREATNESS NEEDS VERIFICATION FROM OTHER TRUE GREAT FIGHTERS. JUST GET IN THE RING WITH THEM. YOUR GREATNESS CAN BE VERIFIED IN A WIN, LOSS, OR DRAW.

Joe Frazier & muhammad ali did it. erik morales & marco antonio barerra did it. rafael marquez & israel vasquez did it. manny pacquiao & juan manuel marquez did it.

TRUE ALL TIME GREATNESS NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED AGAIN....

& AGAIN....

& AGAIN.

Comment

speak of the devil....
                      first topic when i click back is
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350142

case u were truly wondering

Comment

Working...
                      X