No announcement yet.

Plz stop with the "Pac never fought a Slick Style"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz stop with the "Pac never fought a Slick Style"

I find it very interesting that people keep throwing this out there.....and say Pac is going to be exposed/hurt/etc....

1st of all....a "Slick Boxing Style" is really only effective against stationary fighters (Raheem/Morales....Ward/Kessler....Judah/Baldomir...no wait...hehehe)

1- Is Pacquiao a stationary target? No....he has some of the best footwork and head movement in the game.

2- Is Floyd even a "slick fighter"? No...he is a defensive genius who is great at countering and technically superior to Pac.

If I'm wrong...please some one who has great boxing knowledge tell me otherwise....

manny a living legand
    floyd a living legand and two of the greatest of our eara,end off forget all the haters on both sides and look foward to march 13th a day that goes down in history

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
      manny a living legand
      floyd a living legand and two of the greatest of our eara,end off forget all the haters on both sides and look foward to march 13th a day that goes down in history
      THANK YOU!!!!! Green K!

Comment

You are wrong. How does a slick style not work against pressure? Thats what the style is made for. Ask Sweet Pea and others. Pressure fighters are who they eat up the most. Pac isnt moving his head as much lately as he's moved up into weight and lets be real, he still aint hard to hit. His footwork is good but its not on Floyd's level. Floyd is slick. If he's not slick then what is he? He can make you miss all of your shots with little head movements, ducking down, and so on. He uses a number of styles. All this doesnt mean that Floyd will win but Pac has truly never fought a slick style and it could give him mad problems. I think more importantly though is that he struggled with a good pure boxer like JMM and a great technician. Thats what Floyd is except he's way better than JMM in every catagory and has 10x better defense

Comment

I know you want to hear Pac is a legend so Ok he is.
          But Yes Floyd is a slick boxer and a Defensive genius. What he did to the great Corrales was not defense. Sure he was defensive against JMM but he won by countering and boxing (making JMM miss and he hit....boxing). He pitched a shout out on an all time great! cmon! Theyre are many fighters that he used his defense on but many more he simply OUTBOXED...Gatti being another (did not beat with defense)

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
            But Yes Floyd is a slick boxer and a Defensive genius. What he did to the great Corrales was not defense. Sure he was defensive against JMM but he won by countering and boxing (making JMM miss and he hit....boxing). He pitched a shout out on an all time great! cmon! Theyre are many fighters that he used his defense on but many more he simply OUTBOXED...Gatti being another (did not beat with defense)
            Gatti and Corrales are so much slower and more hittable than Pacquiao. Bad comparison on how a Pacquiao fight would turn out.

And JMM ain't **** above 135.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Who even posts that rubbish besides King Flawless and Horus the snitch?

Comment

Floyd is the epitome of a slick fighter.

Comment

I know you want to hear Pac is a legend so Ok he is.But Yes Floyd is a slick boxer and a Defensive genius. What he did to the great Corrales was not defense. Sure he was defensive against JMM but he won by countering and boxing (making JMM miss and he hit....boxing). He pitched a shout out on an all time great! cmon! Theyre are many fighters that he used his defense on but many more he simply OUTBOXED...Gatti being another (did not beat with defense)
                  Don't lump me in there with the other *******s.....

Mayweather WAS a slick fighter in the lower divisions....but since moving up...he has become a defensive genius...

I have been watching and listening to alot of commentators, writers and fans alike...and what is mostly everyone billing this fight as? "Best Offense in boxing vs. the Best Defense in boxing".

If there is no difference between being a "slick boxer" and a "defensive boxer" than I will retract my statements at the start of this thread...

Comment

please edit out that jmm comment, you're making pbf look bad. i appreciate alot of floyd's previous fights, but for his sake, i rather forget that the jmm fight actually happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X